Friday, August 10, 2007

VOGUE

One afternoon lunch, one of the colleague (let's address her as W) was talking about magazine.

W:"every month, i spent more than 100 yuan on magazine. I love to collect them, and I never throw them away. sometimes I re-read the old ones, I still find the information very useful. "

we:" wow... what magazine you read ah.."

W:"VOGUE, N' 25, bla bla bla."

(i only remember these 2, coz she highly recommended these 2).

So, yesterday, I passed by the magazine stall. I bought Vogue, August issue, for RMB 20.

niahmah, 20 yuan! add 6 yuan I can buy jimi's newest book already!!

Went home with the heavy magazine (yah, they just want to make you feel worth it, the book is damn heavy)

Read the magazine at 10.30pm. 11pm, finished the whole thick book. Angry, felt cheated, because there were practically no content inside besides fashion and cosmetics advertisement!!

Not even "relationship problem answering column ", not even "how to have great sex column", not even these kinda ba-gua column. It's all about Paris, Milan fashion show, new Clinique products BIG ad, etc.

So, with RMB 20, I bought a "lesson" or conclusion.

怎么样的人,就看怎么样的书。

W is damn shallow. Sorry girls if I offend you. But this kinda milan paris fashion show, doens't worth to collect in your 书橱 and doesn't need 1 month to finish reading it ok?!

I want my 20 yuan back~~~~~~~~~~~

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I am damn shallow too! I only watch E news and buy magazine that cost me RM21 if theres any Angelina Jolie and kids / Brad Pitt in it... I love the gossips!! and I can read them over and over and over again.. in the toilet.. it's seriously entertaining when you take a longer time for a good shit..

Elizebeth D.L. said...

kai xin, there is not gossip in the magazine.

The magazine is just full of pricey ads, with 1 dress cost like RMB 24,000 that kinda shit.

It has no gossip news. That's why I don't understand what is so nice about this magazine!!

It still sitting in my living room's table now. the more I looked at it, the more I angry. tiu nia sing.

Purple~MushRooM said...

Good one! I used to buy those fashion magazine when I first came to shanghai. Damn thick, i think its worth my money. But then after several issues... they are all the same damn pictures... Tiu. I gave up on magazines here.