Thursday, August 02, 2007

sibeh wealthy parents

My regular job, includes flipping through all China parenting magazines, to understand the "industry movement". OK OK.. to be more exact, is to spy on competitor's movement.

I was shocked when I flipped through the page at kid's apparel recomended by the editor on one parenting magazine today.

There are pictures of kids wearing different brand's apparel. There's this brand, called Catimini, from Paris (after I googlged only I know.... never heard of this brand before). THere's a boy wearing its hat, T shirt, and pants. The color is plain, and design unfortunately is plain too. So my eyeballs move downward to look at its pricing. WTF?!! I almost pengsan!

- Hat 390 RMB
- T-shirt 430 RMB
- Pants 720 RMB

The boy is merely 6 years old.

Am I too outdated or what? I do understand child's clothing is more expensive than adults. but come on!!! Not this extent bah??

I guess this only proves one thing. Chinese parents are SIBEH wealthy!!!!!!

The most expensive apparel I bought in China (exclude winter jackets), is just RMB 400 per piece. Even that, I find it very expensive. Material also so-so only.

With that money, I can only buy a 6 years old boy's hat! MKH!

3 comments:

zewt said...

time has changed la... the rich gets richer....

Eileen said...

...........

Purple~MushRooM said...

Hahahaha....