Thursday, March 31, 2011

My Kindle is here!

Yup... happy:) It is recharging now.

But do you know the package (i asked it to send to my office), was left unattended outside the office door when I come back from doing banking, i was shocked. Normally office always have orang one. Just that I saw the account there says the delivery should be arriving tomorrow, so I go out do banking, leaving SGL alone in teh office, but then, how I know he go eat snake while I gone leh? So, the delivery came, no one here, and he gou dam sei leave the package outside the door unattanded.

I wrote a complaint email to amazon:

This is my first experience with Amazon.com, I am very pleased I received the order within 2 days, but I am surprised that my delivery was placed outside the door, unattended. I don't think it was signed by anyone, and I am very upset that this happened. What if my package get lost? Who is going to bear the cost of replacement? If Amazon.com is going to bear this cost, then you guys are risk losing money, or higher cost is passed on to us the consumers because of this, which is bad!

I hope if there is any future orders from me, please make sure the delivery was received with a signature instead of just left unattended outside the door. And under my tracking history, I see that there was a remark "Delivery attempted. Signature is required to complete delivery. Please see carrier notice for next delivery attempt or contact the carrier" on March 31st, 10:26am. I was in the whole morning but there was no delivery, so I don't know where is that comment coming from. And then somehow, the delivery was completed at 2.14pm, package left unattended outside the door.

Hope to have better shopping experience with Amazon.com next round. As your CEO Jeff Bezos said in an interview with Charlie Rose, customer experience is very important, and it is a total package. Thank You.

Then within half an hour, they wrote back:

Hello,

Thanks for letting us know your package arrived safely! I hope you enjoy your kindle.

A signature is typically required for packages where the total value is more than $700. A signature may still be required for a package where the total value is less than $700; it's up to the driver's discretion. We can't instruct the shipping companies how or when to leave packages at a shipping address.

A shipper may also require a signature if the package is delivered to an apartment, condominium, or business complex, or if the driver feels there isn't a safe place to leave the package at the delivery address. If you won't be home when you expect the delivery, you might want to leave a note asking the driver to leave the package with a neighbor or building manager. Otherwise, it may be easier to have the package delivered to your business address instead.Hello,

I'm also forwarding your feedback about UPS International to our shipping department, I know they'll want to hear about your experience.

We're aware that our choice of delivery services reflects on our business as a whole, and we appreciate your feedback.

We hope to see you again soon.

Like that also can??

But I am way too happy to have my kindle so I am not going to make a big fuss on this issue... This is Canada, anything can happen. Like that also can. I am also very speechless.

The delivery company is UPS. I ain't using it for important document delivery in the future, ever. I find that this UPS service is equivalent to our POS MALAYSIA service. You at the premise but then they said they delivered and u not there (their so called first attempt).

1 comment:

mun said...

Congrats on receiving your Kindle 3! Now you can read during your commute with ease!