Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Earth Hour

It is Earth Hour this Saturday 8.30pm.

I am so going to switch off all the lights and light up a candle at home on that day. hehehe... romantic mah.... and I have got the candles ready liao. I really love candles (that has nice smell). Love it.

I have always been cautious about not wasting electricity and energy. And I trained my babe too. Sometimes he went into the kitchen do something, came out, and still leave the kitchen light on. I will scream at him, "Anybody inside the kitchen??? Why lights on?? Who ah? Who??". So nowadays, he is very good at switching lights off already.

Then my office co-worker, the SGL,  loves to turn on every single lights inside his room, and he go for lunch, appointment and only come back several hours later. I see also heartache. Soemtiems, I don't know why, he even called me on the phone, "D, I just left my house and will be in office soon. Do you mind to go to my room to switch on my lights?"... I feel like screaming back to him "I MIND!!! YOU ARE WASTING ENERGY!!!" But of course, I have to put on a mask, say, "sure, no problem".

Why waste the energy and waste the electricity bill for something you do not consume??? I cannot understand. And these people ah, can't they see how sick is our earth already? Still want to blindly waste energy like that.

Hey dude, next time when u not in any room, please, please, switch off all the lights and tv and all that. We really need to be careful of the energy on earth... nothing stays forever, and energy does not come free. It comes at expenses and sacrifices to the nature.  Look at what the nuclear plants have done to Japan? The effect won't just stays in Japan. It is a worldwide effect!

2 comments:

mun said...

Every night, my house is in total darkness except for my table lamp.

Elizebeth D.L. said...

wah, u very good wor... I have 2 floor-stand lights at night. And they are using energy saving bulbs. hehehe...