Monday, October 09, 2006

From A to B, to C, to D...

My friend told me he is moving away from Holland to Australia, for career advancement. And Australia is just merely his 3rd stop.

It suddenly makes me think a lot.

Don’t u think that this generation is very “restless”, I can’t even tell where will I be in another 2 years. Life is so full of changes, and changing destination. Everyone is on the move, be it in Malaysia or outside Malaysia.

I looked at my parents generation, they seem to have their plan figured out nicely. Like, they can say something like this, “in another 5 years, I am gonna change my car”. Me? Another 5 years, I don’t even know if I will still live in a country that provokes me to have the thought of owning a car (definitely not in SH). In another 5 years, don’t even know where will I be, doing what…

But I do hope that Jay will finish his work here in China in another 2 years, max. I made him promised to me the other day. I told him my life-span won’t be long if I hari hari complaint about china this and china that. I know it is irritating to many others, but I just can’t help it. I can’t help to pretend I am happy everyday here. Well, on average, I am happy 1 out of 7 days, based on statistics.

After China, where will I be? I don't mind to go back to Malaysia:) I miss everything there. But I know my bui bui will be looking at somewhere else.

4 comments:

Lucky Lazy Lynn said...

I guess sometimes it is good to not plan. I know a lot of people can't agree with me but at times disappointment is what you get when you plan too much.

Spontaneity makes life really exciting.

However, since you're not happy with Shanghai now, maybe it's time for some leaving plan.

My Blog from the Past said...

well, you can always come back for a longer time like 1 month and then go back. At least you have time at home.

But we all make commitments and sacrifices in life. Not easy.
Hope that your time in china will be better.

Try and make the best of it.

On the Mooncake festival thanks for the info but don't really celebrate also. he heh heh...

Elizebeth D.L. said...

ichigo, no doubt about that.

Just with they won't settle at c**na lah.. Holland also better than here.

vincentwoo said...

hahhahaha
at least i am not the only one like your bui bui. I did not really fix the date.. but planning an exit plan already... (after I am tired of sydney) maybe i will goto Ireland /UK??

maybe we will meet in Canada...
I am restless!!!!