Monday, October 09, 2006

....

I was pretty negative lately. I think is not so much of the city here. This time, is the job...

Just for example (but it did happen):

I email A,B,C... for their comment on a design. Yeah, unfortunatly, my job nature is a bit like ah leng to these 3 nicest people on earth.

"Dear A, B, C,

Please have a look at the attachment. Please share your comment. If everything is fine, I will pass this to Mr. D to finalize on the 3D image."

A replied, “OK, except I don’t need that section x, can you please remove it?”
Me: “but I thought you want to communicate this message on every possible means?”
A: “yah, but this event is not important, so, can leave it out for this event.”

B: “why you use this image? It is not official to be out in market yet. Jenny never told you this?? Please use back the old one.”
Me: “but this is a permanent space Ji fought for us in departmental store. Will last until next year. The old image won’t look good after 2 months from now.”
B: “yah, but right now is still unofficial yet. Cannot use new image.”

C: “I don’t like that xyz hanged on the ceiling like that, and the logo, can you take out that 6 chinese words? and i don;t like to display demo in this store.”
Me: “…… (don't know what to say, coz she is the one insisted she wants the 6 words last time, and she is the one insisted demo in the store)“
C: “since it is gonna last til next year june, I would not want to have the same 6 chinese words for 8 months. I might not want to focus on these 6 words anymore. And the demo is not suitable, more demo we did, more hurt it did to our brand.”

Another example (and it also did happen):

me, "B, the project with ZD, we are gonna do this this this and this, and ballon color we will use ZD because is free, but different color, OK with u?"
B , "sure. (head not even tilt to give me a look, because she too happy to have her vacation soon) anyway, they are small player, don't worry, anything is fine."
--- after the project is carried out---
B email me from her vacation (I am surprised) after I emailed her the picture, "what? why the kid's drawing pictures is covering my brand image?? why there are only 1 table? we have 3 tables! and balloon, why different color???"
me, "there are 3 tables as what we agreed, but if you only look at one picture, you will only see 1, there other 2 is covered by people. and if you look at other pictures, you will add together to 3 tables. Balloon I alreayd informed you before, you said OK."

No wonder I am so restless these days.

I hate my job. No sense of ownership. I mean, fuck them, they suka suka said “I want this this this”. Suka suka changed mind, “I don’t want this this this anymore, take out.” A more classic one (I hate the most) is, they suka suka don't reply email. And when you were forced to give it a go signal because of time pressure, they will revert after you gao dim everything, said they not OK with this and that, and they want another change of the current version. Or, they take long leave, but still want you to wait for thier 'approval', but you know for sure if wait for them to revert (they dun check email when they on vacation), you gonna miss the deadline.

I am not a worm inside your bloody stomach, so can you guys stop asking me to coordinate your 3 bloody keep-changing opinion??!!! Aiyoh!

I hate it. I hate being a leng. I hate the fact that I am not less capable than these 3 people and yet, my every step in the project is depending on them!!! @#$$%! And these 3 people (1 is actually quite ok, she is A), are the most difficult person to face at work, all females not married!!!

I wish I can be like kai xin, just quit the job and do the stuff she enjoys doing.

3 comments:

nicknooo said...

Oh dear ... this is a disaster. Don't know what to say, just calm down, since they like to do the "suka suka" job then you also provide them the "suka suka" attitude lo. More over we need wages to survive, sigh ....like my top management, they like to change their mission not from A to B, but it's from A to Z, just imagine, we at the bottom have to move and act real fast and over turn the mission the next day. !@#$%^&

Elizebeth D.L. said...

chooi chooi, yeah loh..

hate it. decided just to ignore them and just do my pace. if they suka suka wanna change in last minute, not my problem also. this company does not belong to mine at the end of the day. If I think like this is better.

Unknown said...

Hei Babes,

Well, wish no more, find something to do for your self than!

But Truth is, it is a very big step for me for now, if I screw up, you will see me crawling back to freaking So-Call-Corporate-World-But-yet-the-whole-businessness-system-is-a-pyramid-scheme... Oh Dear.. I don't think so... guess what makes me move from Mattel to Danone is because , Since we are Ah Leng, and nothing is in our own control,it sucks so badly.. No excitments, no ownership.

When I came to Danone, even worse, the culture and system is too long to change a even a single bit, everyone is like robot.. day in day out same thing..

I started pushing my self to "open up" my mind and eyes out there, to listen to other's sucess story, instead being one that only sit back and look at others being "successful" of course, I am not saying I am successful, I just look at things in different point of view.