Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Discovery

It took me 1 day to think back who was the person behind the Sept 11 attack, he is Osama Bin Laden (yes, I admist i must be old... how can I loose out this piece from my memory?? But I am really bad with names... that's the fact.)

Why I suddenly think of him? Reason 1: lately watched the movie Flight 93, very touched. Reason 2: I was taking flight from Guangzhou back to Shanghai on China Airline yesterday, and 1 observation really strucked me like lightning..

My seat was at 4th row. So I can see most of the movement very clearly. Having watched Flight 93, I was giving extra attention to the cockpit door, in my brain, the memory of the movie kept running - how the bad guys force into the cockpit and have control the whole plane.. how the good guys bump through the hard cockpit door and struggle with the bad guys, at the end save the plane from hitting white house.

My extra attention given to the cockpit door showed me some shocking fact. It is either the officer inside the cockpit door is very yim jim or what, he kept asking things from the stewardess, firs of all, 3 glasses of orange juice, then 1 botol of mineral water, then 3 sets of meal tray, then tissue, then etc etc etc. The whole flight, the cockpit door kept opening and closing. Stewardess knocked on the door with code, he opened it and get the stuff. He opened the door and ask stewardess to get him the stuff, door closed, then door was knocked again by stewardess, and stuff was pass to him. Then door open again, officer went into the lavotory, which is just 90 degree to the cockpit door.

The whole process... I was thinking, if Osama bin Laden one day decided to hijack the china plane, it will be damn easy. There were so many opportunities to bump through that cockpit door, it was opening and closing the whole time anyway. no need to use force also can go in loh...

We poor passengers will then be like Flight 93, making calls back home to say "I love you" to the loved ones. Chinese will have no issue with this, many of them did not turn off the handphone anyway.

Life seems very cheap at that moment.

11 comments:

舞者 said...

Deisy, I meant to say this for a long time, but didn't know whether it was just me: after looking at your blog for say a minute, I'll see black streaks when I lift my head. Can you change your background to something other than black? Jieyin also has the same feeling.

Elizebeth D.L. said...

None of the template I like also... sigh.

And once I changed, all the previous set link is all gone:( have to re-do again. SOB.

Anonymous said...

no wonder chinese air craft always got hijacked in 70's- early 90's.

Elizebeth D.L. said...

This I am not aware...

Fug lah. If we don't kill by hijacker, might get killed for some idiot using handphone while flight was landing or taking off.

One incident is like this:
Flight was landing, havent' landed, in the process of landing I mean.

"你是我的希望~~~~“ some cipet handphone's punya cipet ringtone ranged.

"wei?" cipet uncle answered loudly on the plane.

"先生,麻烦把手机关掉!”stewardess demanded.

"关我什么事啊?不是我打出的,人家打进来的!”cipet uncle answered annoyingly, thinking his rights has been tres-passed.

This cipet uncle apparently do not understand what is meant by 把手机关掉. He thought if he does not make any call, it is considered 关掉.

我晕掉。

Unknown said...

eh, who and what prove do anyone have that it was Osama Bin Ladin who order to hijacked the planes on 911 ? till now they have no prove at all, they just pointed at them and take that as a great opportunity to attack Iraq for their oil. Who knows this is an act by the US government them self.

Elizebeth D.L. said...

the point here is not osama or not.

the point here is, the lack of security sense in the aircraft.

Sigh... u won't understand one lah. I damn depressed nowadays.

Anonymous said...

Just for the record, there is a proof.

There is a video tape, in which Bin Laden talked about the attack. He said it was all planned and well executed.

US didn't use Bin Laden as an excuse to attack Iraq. They used another excuse : Weapons of Mass Destruction.

Anonymous said...

非舞者, i am sure you have something to say about the new color of the background as well...

deisy, i can't stand this color. 我晕了!

舞者 said...

Why not, pink is lovely.

Elizebeth D.L. said...

...

I can't satisfy everyone. I will not change the color anymore. You gotta tune into my preference!

Hohohoho

Unknown said...

I like this color.. oh US have proof huh? hmm...can;t trust no one these days...