Monday, May 14, 2007

Dinner conversation

Last night, bui bui father's best friend was here in Shanghai (he stays in Hawaii). Asked us for dinner. So, we thought of booking a restaurant. But he insisted us go to his best friend's house in fu-xing road. House meal.

We very scared his best friend in china is shanghainese... coz, never really like to deal with them. But since he insisted, we told him we will swing by after work.

Apparently his uncle's best friend is a Taiwanese. Hooo Hoo... phew. He is very friendly, and very direct person. We have some great conversation. Even though he looks like 50 over, he got a son (the only kid) that is only 4+ years old. Very intelligent kid. I love him very much. I will bring him toys next time if we do visit that uncle again.

One of the conversation after the dinner was:
Mike (the uncle's best friend name): So, how do you like Shanghai?
Bui Bui: It is OK... at least is a good experience.
Mike: "OK" means you don't like it?
Bui Bui: No... seriously, it is OK. Hehehe...
Mike: Ha! I know what you mean. The city is great, but you don't really like the shanghainese. Am I right?
Bui bui and I broke into laughters. He damn smart! He also does not like them, coz they are rude, he said, if he goes into a lift with 3 shanghainese middle aged women, his ear will become deaf for half an hour after that. They simply talked too loud and rude.

So, I think think again... He is right. We really enjoy Shanghai city. Here, you want any thing also got. It's a great cosmopolitan city. It's just the people's attitude and quality that sucks big time.

OK, I got a statement to make today. I like Shanghai. I really do. The city is great.

2 comments:

Purple~MushRooM said...

Hahahhaa.... finally... u like shanghai. I have always like this city since i set foot here. But i can't stand the people's attitude. I wanna be here... no plans to leave this city yet. Hahaha!

Eileen said...

Ada controversial o..... Well, I would think of SH as a give & take place. Got good & bad of Shanghai, but a place I gonna bid farewell soon (for the time being, well, who knows what lies for one in the future?)