Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Young and Naive and Stupid days

I am reading this book "Something Borrowed" by Emily Giffin. I am loving the story! hehehe.... I have a sick crave for story that has a sick turn (sleeping with best friend's fiancee). I know I know.. sometimes I am sick:p

So, if unknowingly you have been falling in love with your college friend whom you know for so many years, but you didn't know you got feelings to him and he got feelings in you, and you introduced him to your best friend, and they are now engaged and the big day is 3 months away, and you were drunk and you slept with him "accidentally" first time. But then you guys still keep msg each other, email each other, and he keeps on seeing you (and hook up "genuinely" this time) without your bossy best friend knowing it, will you still allow all these to happen???

I seriously don't know... It is morally incorrect but Moral seems grey in color in love, don't you think so?

When I was young (very young) and naive, I have similar encounter. No, I do not have a best friend who is getting married and whose fiancee is in love with me and whom I hooked up with during one drunk night, my story is simpler. But I have a colleague whom he claimed his love with his gf has been dying and drying and he is considering getting out of it. I had good feeling towards this guy, and although it is wrong, I secretly wish their romance will end soon because I can sense that he has good feeling towards me too. So, on the night of the Valentine's Day, he called me, and he told me they were through. I was having a mixed feeling that time, I mean it is so cruel to end a relationship on the V-day, and yet, I was happy that this means that there is nothing come between us anymore. I was thrilled at the thought, at the opportunity. But well, turns out that our "romance" was only alive for few months. I got my karma that I deserved (at least that was what I felt that time, and still think so even at today), he ditched me for another girl (but he denied there's someone else even though my spy already confirm with me there is this girl there. I wonder did he deny my existence on the last V-day to the poor ex). And instead of cruel-ly break up with me on a Valentine's Day (then it will be the exact karma, haha), he didn't have the guts to break up with me face-to-face, instead he chose to break up with me over the phone!!!! OMG, til this date, I still hate his tikus-ness. Anyway, I have overed him for many years liao lah, when I think back, I will laugh at my naiveness and stupidness, and feel sorry for the bad karma that got back to me. This kind of guy, will repeat his unfaithfulness till don't know what age.

Sometimes I scold my bui bui also. I said, "how come u don't make the "meeting me" happened earlier to save me the trouble of being heart broken by some asshole or me breaking heart of some poor soul? Can't you appear sooner so we can save all these trouble?".  Bui bui will look at me "cluelessly". hahahaha... I just love my bui bui:) He is really my soulmate:) And he is really the one. I knew that he is the ONE the seconds I agree to be his gf:))

Eh-hemm.... wanted to introduce a book to you jeh... how come I blurted my history out?! well well well... those were the days, the young and naive and stupid days... :-)

5 comments:

mun said...

Haha, your husband is so nice to remain "clueless" when you scold him about this. Lucky you - to have met him in the end. :) So how did the book end? Did the guy still marry the best friend or break up?

Elizebeth D.L. said...

I dying to find out too... but I am only 34% through the story (i read it on kindle:p)...

it is so addictive.. i must find out the ending soon!

Elizebeth D.L. said...

I finished the book already. The ending is too abrupt... hmmm... not what I expected the ending to be although it is a happy ending.

mun said...

So are you not going to tell us who the guy chose in the end ? ;)

Elizebeth D.L. said...

that guy called off the wedding at the end. But the interesting part is not about this. The interesting part is, his fiancee is also not being loyal to him. His fiance lost her engagement ring at her other lover's apartment, and she is pregnant with this other lover's baby! Totally messed up! haha...