Friday, April 29, 2011

Books Sale

I realized the older I get, the more I resemble my mom - loving books so much.

I mentioned before my office is just next to the vancouver central library right? Well, today I walked past it and there's the books sale (where they sell the old books that the library has... sort of like getting rid of the old inventory and make room for new books). The books are reasonably priced I will say. Most are selling as $2.50. some paperpack is only $0.75. DVD/CD is $2.50 each. I paid $10.75 for 5 books. Not bad... er... but I have over spent my book expense this month. I think I have spent like $52 this month (including e-books from Amazon), and I have only budgeted $20 per month.... oh boy oh boy.... should I reset my budget for books per month? I realized my hunger is getting stronger and stronger each month. HOW???!!!

I bought 5 books.... aiyoh... if not because i can't carry it back, I would have bought more. They dont even provide plastic bags. Yiu...

I thinking of going back again... should I?:p

I bought one book that look as if it is new, it is The Age of Turbulence by Alan Greenspan (about U.S. economy)!! And that's the reason I buy it actually. Hahahaha... the other 4 books are relating to tax in Canada. I realized I am very into the tax details (and trust me, the canada tax system is the most complicated tax system I have seen so far!), I want to learn more... and there are so much to learn, we are suh a newbie to the tax system here!! And because the information is so vast, accountants is not much use in this sense, because they can't remind us and warn us on everything. Best is I know everything myself. Ganbatte!!

It is such a wonderful weather out there. I am going out for another walk~:) Bye~

1 comment:

mun said...

Wish you all the best in reading all the books about tax!