Sunday, August 20, 2006

A morning battle with a pair of green bugs


Last night, I discovered a green bug (甲虫)resting neatly on a towel I hanged outside the balcony (I washed the towel and it did not get dry for 1 day..).

I hate bugs. To be more precise, I scared of them.

But I calm myself down, and ignore it, and close the balcony door tight tight. ALthough last night I don't have to turn on AC since temperature is dropped to 28 at night time, I chose to turn it on nevertheless, for my protection sake.

I checked on it before I go to bed at 11.45pm, it was still there. Kanasai!

Then this morning, first thing after I opened my eyes, I thought of that stupid bug. I was acting like a crazy woman, immediately get off the bed, and storm to the balcony and through the glass, I saw IT WAS STILL THERE!!!!

This time, I was rather angry than scared. I opened the balcony door, use the long umbrella to duk it!

It dropped onto the floor. I screamed. I thought it will fly. But it did not, it just lay there still.

Me, still feeling extremely angry (how can it nest on my towel for so long?!!), use my slipper to slap it. Its body over-turned after the slap, and it was like the cockroach, kept wiggling its ugly feet, trying to get its feet onto the floor again. I just ignored it, take the towel back to the house, and shut the balcony door tight.

Then when I 抖 the towel in my living room (trying to get the dirty dirt from the bug out from the towel), to my surprise, another same type of green bug, bigger one still, dropped onto the floor!!! I screamed uncontrollably, "AH!!!!!!!!!!" (my neighbor must be thinking what's happening??), then realized that during the "dropping" process, it unexpectedly over turn its body too. But this bigger bug seems to have a lot more strength and can anytime over-turn its body onto the ground again. I cann't take the chance!!!

I frantically searched for the "baygon" stuff, sprayed on it. Its feet stopped wiggling..

I scared not enough, so I sprayed 5 more times.

.
.
.

I brushed teeth, had coffee and breakfast after that... thinking.. could they be husband and wife? I just killed a husband and wife bugs... oh dear...

But I really hate bugs. And I gave them a chance to fly away the whole night. Why didn't they do so?!

Stupid bugs, made me late for work also.

Have to make sure they really die (i.e.not moving) later tonite when I go back. Thinking about this, made me gun cheong. What if I can't find them anymore after I got back? What if the one inside the house got up and hide somewhere??

Oh dear....................... :(

10 comments:

Elizebeth D.L. said...

same here, I can tahan rats, but I cannot tahan a small spider.

eeeeeeee.......

Anonymous said...

嗨!
再次谢谢你的书,
更谢谢你时常来“探望”我,
我觉得很窝心,
真的。

你的PUI3PUI2现在不在身边吧?!
可怜了,
一个人在家还要被小昆虫欺负。
但,还蛮佩服你的勇气,
可以独自“解决”它。

放工回家,
可别再被它的另一半吓坏了哦!
哈哈。。。

nicknooo said...

hahahaha ! what is your sir name ar ? hope it's not "Lee", you're like "Lei Tai Soh Kong Ku" (in cantonese) make the reader so gan cheong, and wanted to know what's actually happens next. you are ver good in telling story. FUNNY leh !

Lucky Lazy Lynn said...

I used to spray about a quarter of a can of Ridsect to attack anything more than 4 legs! They freak me out.

Elizebeth D.L. said...

last night I went home, first thing is I checked if they are still there.

The big one in the living room (the one got sprayed by me 6 times), is dead, and not moving.

The small one at balcony, it is GONE!!!!! I was so freaked out. Kept staring outside through the glass door, and dare not open the balcony door.. what if it is waiting for me to open the door and fly in?

It is really gone........... darn, should have sprayed on it too!!!!

I hope it will never visit me again... and forget about its partner. Sorry...

Elizebeth D.L. said...

ru xuan, you are very welcome:) hehe.. 彼此彼此啦~:)

Unknown said...

hhmm.. why is bug so scary? I like ladybird..

Elizebeth D.L. said...

I repeat, it is not lady bird!!! I think its diameter got 4cm ok.. arghh.. hate it.

舞者 said...

Does it look anything like this?

Elizebeth D.L. said...

haha, old law, not as cute as that!!:)