Wednesday, August 16, 2006

DELL Battery Recall



Our whole Asia offices' staffs are using DELL laptop and desktop.

So after a bit hoo haa, we checked the battery of our laptop -- made in Korea.

We are safe. Only specific models, which is made in Japan or China is under recalled.

Still remembered there is one time when I was in Chengdu, I did not shut down the laptop properly (last session of training that time, so I a bit excited, and can't wait to shut down immediately, haha), and then I suddenly realized the laptop bag was very hot!!! I was so scared it will burt.

Then yesterday, my GM also told me he has a similar experience. He almost threw his laptop out from taxi that time after he smelled some burning smell coming from his laptop bag. Haha, so funny.

But, having said that, maybe it's a fact that if you don't shut down your laptop properly, the battery will be over-run and over-heat regardless of what brand of laptop you are having.

Anyway, RECALL is a very irritating process. It's a sensitive word. Reporters of newspapers, Editors of magazines will find all ways to report your recall news, and try to create any negative images.

...

I still love Dell.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

& ur sister mi just bought DELL laptop...>_<"

-sis

Elizebeth D.L. said...

hehe, have u checked? are yours affected?

Anonymous said...

not yet checked.. this week everyday back home very late... too busy lolz... hope it's not affected.... if affect also nvm, got 3 years warranty... but sad is.. after bought for a week, the DELL laptop price drops a lot.. i guess the battery recall case is the caused.

Lucky Lazy Lynn said...

This is the time when Dell needs good Public Relations Professionals!

Elizebeth D.L. said...

I dun think this recall case will affect dell to much extent. It is still a very stable company.

I have used compaq, HP (they claim the laptop from HP and compaq same same, but I don't think so, compaq more sucks), Toshiba, IBM (toshiba and IBM is jay's... I don't owned that many laptop lah..) before.. I still think Dell is quite reliable, and affordable... hmm..

ah mi, if only you buy 1 week later;) but never mind lah. if you hold on to another week, you sure won't choose dell liao.

舞者 said...

How bad can an explosion be? Chill gals. I'm also using Dell.

舞者 said...

HP/Compaq might not have very good quality or performance/price ratio, but their support is good, and their Linux support is good. So, they probably make more sense for businesses than consumers.