Thursday, April 20, 2006

Morning News

This morning, as usual, I switched on TV watching the 看东方 news just like any other days.

I was so stunned to hear such a news. Was thinking weather to put this into blog or not. Scared will stir some uneasiness in some people again, but I guess this one is not "written" by me on my thoughts, I just simply reiterate what I have heard this morning into my blog.

Lately, China government thinks that his people are getting more and more serious in ignoring all the rules on road - crossing roads without following rules and lights. So they placed some policemen at some popular spots to fine people who wrongly crossing roads. However, reporters from 看东方 recorded a few shocking scenes:

1) a lady simply crossing the road, policeman wants to fine her. She kept running/walking away from the policeman. Policeman have to follow her to many many lorong within those small 小弄堂, she kept saying "not only I simply cross the road, why you want to catch me and fine me? 我不服!”the policeman replied, "because 你带头乱过马路!”she still not give up, walk away from policemen across many many lorong. But finally still get the fine of RMB 50.

2) a man simply crossing the road. 2 policemen wanted to fine him, he immediately shouted "我闹肚子!!!”and run to the nearest building. THe 2 policemen looked at each other, stunned.

3) 2 women simply crossing the road, got caught. the lady said "don't touch me!! you have no rights!" hyterically she screamed "why you touched me? WHY?!" the policemen have to tell her to calm down and she has 犯法. She still want to run away, and when policemen tried to calm her down she shoved him away, pushed him rudely 3 times! At the end, the policemen have to use other people force to calm her down and sent her into the police car to bring back to police station.

4) Policeman caught a man crossing road when the pedestrian light is red. He kept arguing that when he was crossing, the pedestrian light is orange, ignoring the fact that there is only 2 colors on the pedestrian light, one is red, the next is green. THere is no orange light. Such argument lasted for half an hour.


Actually, because of knowing people might get fine for simply crossing road from the news since 2 days ago plus the fact I saw from 看东方 that the policeman really will fine people for 犯法, this morning I waited for the green pedestrian light to cross the road. Because of this, I missed the bus (@#$%!). But hey, I really don't have the guts to play hide & seek with policeman, to push the policeman or shout bad words at them or created a lie "stomache" just to avoid getting fine.

No comments: