Friday, January 18, 2008

Fish bone that cost RMB 540!

I was happily chatting with colleagues during lunch. Then suddenly, I realized there's a fish bone at my throat... blardy shit.

I was pretty cool about it at first. Swallow rice ball. Cough Cough. Still cannot. And it's getting worse. It "moved" in my throat. Suddenly is this kinda pain. Next second is another kind of pain from another direction.

I excuse myself from the group. Went toilet. Trying to make myself vomit. Cannot. (I never know how to make myself vomit. Can never do that. Only vomit whenever I have food poisoning.).

Colleague asked me drink vinegar 醋, say it will soften the bone. Then I also bought bread and telan the bread. Done all the above. Still no improvement.

Last resort. Go hospital. Yah, hospital again.

I stormed off the office to hospital. Not because I was in pain (still bearable), but because I am angry this is the 4th time I go hospital in the past 3 months!!! Why I so bad luck in healthy in the year of Pig??? @#$%!

So, see the doctor. The doctor shine my throat with torchlight. Look look... and he remarked "looks like need to search deeper.". As soon as I heard him said that, my face turned pale. I asked, "pain???". Doctor answer without expression on his face (old man, not leng chai some more), said, "no pain, just simply uncomfortable." Tiu nia sing. Shanghainese also know how to suan people.

I was prepared to be tortured. Closed my eyes. Within 30 seconds, he said, "Ah... found it. Nah, bring back as a souvenoir lah". (of course, all above conversation is in mandarin)

I cannot express how happy i felt that time. I was like a bird.... chirping "is it? i feel so much better. thank u doctor... thank u!". Then I also asked, next time if similar situation, can I ask someone to shine torchlight at my throat and then take out the bone ourselves? he said cannnot. Of course cannot lah. Simple job, big money.

It costs me RMB 540 for the doc. When I saw the bill, I almost faint. Luckily can claim back.

This long "Y" shape expensive fish bone once again reminded me, good health is very important. I am going to take it back home and frame it... seriously.

And.. no fish for me in the next 2 months. Hmmph!

3 comments:

Shopaholicfern said...

hei Elisebeth D.L...luckily u r ok..i got choked by fishbone when i was young, so now, i avoid eating fish altogether...if need to eat also, my mom will make sure there aren't any bones in it. better be careful next time :-)

Purple~MushRooM said...

What fish is that? I think i better stop eating fish too. The cheenas live those fish that has a lot of bones. Dunno how they eat it.

Elizebeth D.L. said...

dunno what cha fish is that lah. Anyway, I think i have phobia with fish now.

Today lunch, set lunch, got fish. Even though I use my spoon to hit the meat until I am 205% sure it's without bone, once I put in my mouth, my throat like want to scream like that. I think it got phobia.

Poor me, perhaps no fish for the next 40 years of life... (well, i do wish I can live over 70 years old. haha).

Sibeh fish! bloody fish! Listen up u!!!!!!! I B-O-Y-C-O-T-T you!!!!!