Thursday, April 19, 2007

Banking = Nightmare


And we all thought Maybank is the worst... didn't we? Well, wait til you come here, you will understand what is the new meaning of "waiting to be served in bank". LoNG Q!!!! Sitting bench is seldom unoccupied because always got people waiting. ATM Machine line also very long, because some of the rich-bitch loves to carry WHOLE few STACKS of MONEY to use the ATM to deposit.

Just now, because big boss all not around, I went to do some banking. And I thought, avoiding evening time (after working hour), and avoiding lunch hour, I should be able to save some time. But hell I was really stupid to think like that.

I lined up at ATM because want to pay my credit card bill. There is only 2 ATM working for deposit money. Only two!! Considering the HUGE Population in Shanghai, only 2 ATM in any bank (most banks) that is working for depositing money. And we always complaint about Maybank, 2 machine, but most of the time, only 1 is working. The ratio, if you do some simple math, is still heathier compared to Shanghai, if you take into consideration of the whole population of klang valley vs shanghai... Sigh.

OK OK, where was I... 2 ATM, side by side. But because they made it into a L shape lining line, some idiot, really don't know the meaning of lining up, when the inside ATM (1 is inside of L shape, the other is facing the entrance door) has empty slot, and if they next person lining is not fast, he will gam gam sei squeeze in the line and stand there nicely. No one says a word, not anyone was having an angry face on their face. Boy... they really do not know the meaning of lining up.

Anyway, there is this ah-pek. I think his eye-sight must be bad. His head almost bang the screen when he was keying in his password. He deposited 10K, and when the machine stop accepting his money, he screamed, "SECURITY, PLEASE COME HERE" (in mandarin of course). The security came, told him each transaction maximum is 10K. Then, this ah pek, went to another ATM machine to withdraw more money, anotehr 10K! He come back, expecting he can come back anytime of the place he last left, did not have any single sense of wanting to line-up again. And, his second 10K takes forever to be deposited into that machine because apparently few notes were not accepted by the machine, but he kept trying for more than 5 times!!!! until, one guy, speaks loudly in shanghainese to him, tell him "if cannot, try switching the notes. no point to keep trying!". That ah pek... I swear, at that moment, I feel like slapping him.

Banking in China, some thing that needs severe improvement. I wish, by opening the entrance to foreign banks, they will feel the heats of competition and have better service. For heaven sakes, please install more cash-depositing ATM machine!

My transaction, only need to take 3 minutes. But, I lined up for 40 minutes. Can someone just hug me and tell me it is OK to waste 37 minutes of my life witnessing some ah-pek banging his head onto the ATM screen while keying his password.

3 comments:

Purple~MushRooM said...

I went to the Pudong Dev Bank in Plaza 66 just now. Best service of all banks... maybe because I have USD account. Kekekek. Short queue also. Sorry to hear abt your incident... but it happens most of the time. The chinese here work like tortoise!

Elizebeth D.L. said...

About good service bank, I also know one, in hengshan lu, the Bank of China, there is always no line-up in that bank. And people banking in the bank is well-dressed and civilized. Too bad, my salary is not banked via that bank. @#$%!

Last-of-the-Dragon said...

do they have private banking or priority banking there?