Monday, February 27, 2006

A "warm" dinner

Yesterday morning, boss emailed and asked me and the other colleague to stay back 1 hour today, coz the agency can only reach our office at 6pm to discuss some video shooting we want to do. So I emailed Jay and told him I will be home around 7.30pm, and dinner will be served later tonight, probably 8.,15pm. After all, I only need 15 to 20 minutes to get home from office.

The meeting, including a trial session of shooting the video, including also the minor editing of the video, ends at 8.30pm!!!!!!!! I was hungry, unexpected, and worry so much about my Jay. With his big big body, he sure hungry and consume 1 whole packet of Danone cookies by now.

Called him, he said no worry, u come back lah, we will cook maggie mee. I told him no maggie mee on weekdays, house rule #2. (house rule #1 is, wife is the king. muahahaha).

Quickly took the bus home, 9.00pm (stupid bus, didn't know it comes so slow in non-peak hour). Opened the door, feel the kitchen is very warm, and got rice smell... My hubby has finished the cooking!!! He cooked minced meat with toufu, and popcorn chicken. No vege. haha...

Though the taste is not the best, it is the best meal I have ever had -- very touched by his initiative. And he did the washing too!! :)

Perhaps I should have late meeting more often? ;)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You lucky women you...

Anonymous said...

happy little woman la.