Thursday, June 24, 2010

Our cell phone package - How I get "con" into subscribing to iPhone

We got our cell phone packaged gao tim on Day 2. I didn't do a good home work on this, so, I just go for what everybody says a good phone company - Rogers. It is just like Maxis in Malaysia.

We visited the Rogers at Downtown inside the Pacific Center, the system was down for more than 2 hours, so by the time after our dinner, it was still not able to sign us in. The salesman suggested us to go to another nearby branch, I think it was on robson street or somewhere there. So, we went. At the Pacific Center, both Jay and I have made up our mind to just subscribed to the minimum package, they have this thing called "couple plan". Then when we reached the robson st. branch, this lady, her 口才 is damn good, she ignited my passion for the iPhone with their promotional plan! I think the store got ghost also, coz it blinded my mind, I signed up for the iPhone package, which tight me up for the next 3 years. 3 years leh~~~~~ after I came out of the store, only I realized 3 years is a hell long time - after 3 years, I can be citizen already if I want to! So, it is a damn long time! But the lady is very good, she is very helpful, very passionate about her job. And she stayed up til 10pm that night just to sign us up (their working hour is supposing til 7pm only). we really appreciate for her help, even though she successfully "con" me into another iPhone customer.

But.... iPhone is really a great phone!! Lots of application is very user friendly in daily life. I love it, although the "3 years" thing is very haunting... anyway, what is done, is done.

We both signed up for 3 years deal, both got a new phone (free if u signed up for 3 years). Jay didn't get an iPhone, in fact, he didn't care about phone, he is fine as long as people can find him on phone or make phone calls. He got the LG again (yes, again... he is such a LG man), and the phone has the push-email function, so whenever he received an email, his phone will beep.

So, this is our cell phone package hunting (or, hunted) experience. Phone package here in Canada is so inhumanely high. In china, my phone bill per month seldom exceed 150 yuan (that is like 24 CDN dollar). But over here, my phone bill each month, minimum is 70 cdn dollar!!! (before blardy tax some more ok). I really miss shanghai....

Would I stay here for the next 3 years???

p/s: It has been a while I get pushed by pedestrian here. In Shanghai, I get pushed everytime I am walking on the street. I kinda miss the pushiness over there... Help~~~~~~

No comments: