Friday, June 18, 2010

In Vancouver

Hey folks, haven't been blogging for a while, I hope I can resume doing so next week. Time flies, we have been in Vancouver for 3 weeks+ already! Wow... I can still remember the night before our flight, I was having difficulties in sleeping because my mind was still twirling around the luggages - "will it be too heavy?" "did I bring everything?" "where did I put the lock? shit!" "would we create a scene with 4 big luggages?" "excess luggage charge?"

But it turns out everything is fine. MU didn't even check the luggage weight. However, we did have some small issue in Vancouver Airport. Apparently we have to know EXACTLY how much money (different currencies) we bring into Canada and declare it. As you know, we are quite a heavy travellers, we have unfinished euro, australian dollars, US dollars, canadian dollars, renminbi, ringgit, HK dollar, Macau dollar, Japanese yen, Indo notes, etc etc, we really do not know EXACTLY how much money each currency we have! So, we gave an estimates to the officer. The officer jotted down our words, and then he said, "OK folks, I am going to search your luggage, if I found more $ than what u declared, they will be confisticated, understood?". WAHHHH.... I immediately stopped him, "actually, those are only estimates. If you want the real number, let me count in front of u. we don't want to lie to u, but we really do not know how much we have." So, as we searching for keys to unlock the luggage, officer said, "OK, wait here.". He went into a room, and when he came out, he just said, "I believe the number you told me this time. But next time, please know how much currency you bring into Canada. Today is the only warning you going to get, understood?". What a relief... phew... actually, they just want you to declare how much money u bring into canada, they are not going to tax u, they just need to know, so to avoid terrorist bringing big sum of money into the country.

Will blog more next week =)

3 comments:

mun said...

Glad to hear that both of you have a safe journey to Vancouver. It is a very nice place to live in from what I saw during my holiday there once.

As for your little adventure in the airport, luckily you spoke up in time that your figures are just estimates. Hope to hear more of your adventures there! Take care! :)

舞者 said...

看来你带的数目不小,要不然他不会大费周章。

顺便说,很高兴你没写马来英文...再接再厉。

Anonymous said...

will stay tune for your next updates. =)

christine