Monday, November 27, 2006

南京之旅

Went to Nanjing with family, by train. Surprisingly, train was comfortable, except the ticketing system is really sucks. Kinda difficult to tell u why over here, i can explain to you face to face next time though. It is very hard to believe that this high-tech country has such lousy ticketing system, not even close to intellectual status. Sigh. Anyway...

The trip was good:) Except for the rain. Rained for 2 solid days!! Umbrella also almost broke. My mom was a bit disappointed though, coz her mission in this trip is to visit the 南京大屠杀纪念馆, however, it was closed for renovation (bloody smart, choose this season to renovate). My mom said she will come again next year for this spot. I am not so hot for this museum, coz sure lots of "woo woo" one.. my scared of ghost.

The hotel was great! For less than 800, we get something like service apartment, with newly furnished furniture and fixture, 2 bedrooms, big living room, and kitchen, and also washing and dryer machine. Good deal eh?

Cab driver in Nanjing is not as honest as in Shanghai. One guy cheated us for a very near trip, he brought us to go hung-gai-gai, doubling the fare. Another taxi driver, we asked him to bring us to 瞻园,he brought us to 夫子庙。Although 瞻园 and 夫子庙 is very nearby, can't his fucking cab just stop at 瞻园 instead of anotehr 800 meter away of 夫子庙?Anyway... 瞻园is great, something like mini mini 北京的颐和园, not comparable but something like that lah. 夫子庙 is just like 上海南京东路步行街。If it is not because of raining, i would be shopping over there. coz stuff there is cheap, and many brands you don't get to see in shanghai, but selling good stuff. I love it. But the rain makes me feel lazy to try on those clothes... rain is very irritating if you have it hari-hari...

The next day, we went to 明故宫遗址, nothing much, but I bought a plant from there. I forgot what's the name of it (mom mentioned it me many times but i really can't recall now. it is a kinda 盆摘, why buy it in nanjing? coz i love it. it looks like 2 persons hugging together like that, very lovely scene. hah.)

I took this picture when my sister and I were walking behind my parents. So lovely, the way my dad hold my mom's hand. I am imagining myself, after many many years, will Jay treasure me just like my dad treasure my mom?:) I hope so. hehehe..

We visit 总统府 for the last stop. With this, we ended our Nanjing trip. It is a very memorable trip:) And my family now are on the plane back to KL liao... I felt kinda empty this morning after they left for the airport. It is like suddenly the house is so quiet. I miss them already...

4 comments:

Elizebeth D.L. said...

Before anyone ask me why we did not go to 中山陵 & 明孝陵, i had better explain ---- we visited these places 3 years ago in our SH 9 days trip:) So this time we only focus on Nanjing city.

I will go back again when weahter is better. It is a nice city, lesser cars, not much hon-ing from cars, and, lesser people, much lesser.... and therefore less pushing and less spiting. Thank God.

nicknooo said...

Indeed, it a very nice pic of your mom and dad, and touched, so loving...and i have the same thought as you, "will my the other half will hold my hand and walk together with me till the end?"

Orange Cheng said...

I went to your mother's highlight museum before, it is full of human bones!

Anonymous said...

你 又 让 我 口 水 直 流 啦 !
真 不 知 何 时 才 能 再 次 踏 足 中 国 大 地 , 与 宝 宝 已 是 一 秒 不 见, 如 隔 三 秋 的 地 步 了 ,更 别 说 要 七 八 天 之 旅 。 嘻 !