Tuesday, June 12, 2007

I am shanghainese-fied

This morning, 11 SPAM emails in my mailbox. Then the IT manager sent us another email, saying, "if you see some SPAM mails today, don't panic, just delete them." But he did not say, IE was down. KNN... and I thought we have the most super powerful firewall on this earth. Apparently still can be hacked for no reason??

I felt so sun-foo without IE access this whole morning.

Then, when the problem is fixed. My IE, for some stupid magic, is all Chinese-fied!!! My blog setting is all chinese. "Posting" becomes 张贴 (some more in traditional chinese, not simplfied one), "Setting" becomes 设定, etc etc... I am so helpless... sigh...

Anyway, I want to blog about some changes within me that I noticed this morning. I am becoming uncivilized I tell you...

every morning, I have to cross 3 streets/traffic lights to reach office. These traffic lights, have the lights for pedestrian as well - red standing lights means cannot cross the street. Green walking lights means you can cross the street. For the past 1.5 years, I am very obedient, I only cross the street according to the pedestrian lights. Cases where the light is still red, no cars on the road, I will still wait for the lights turn green to cross the road, even though heaps of shanghainese have already crossed the road.

BTW, when the pedestrian light is green, all bloody cars can still turn right and fighting the same lane with you. And sometimes, some illegal motorbike will swing by in full speed coming from the wrong direction (direction where they not suppposed to come from). All happen when pedestrian light is green.

This morning, I cross the road when there is no car, and when the pedestrian light is red.

I am shanghainese-fied. TIU LOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am guessing, will I spit on the road in the coming months?? : Or wear the same shirts to work without washing for days??

I need to see a physchologist soon...

4 comments:

zewt said...

crossing the light when it's red ... that sounds pretty much like malaysian to me my friend. oh... if your firewall have been great... then you shouldnt be able to access to blogs all these while right?

Purple~MushRooM said...

Crossing the road when traffic lights is red.. i do this all the time while in KL also la. You are Shanghainese-fied. You are indeed malaysian lar!!! Hahaha.

Talking about Shanghainese-fied.. don't you think I am more Shanghainese-fied than you? I am even more uncivilised! Hahaha.

Elizebeth D.L. said...

you guys cross the streets in Malaysia while it was red?? Geez... that's just ain't right!!

But how often do we have to cross a street in Malaysia?? We all drove right? I will never park my car in the car park across the street. I lazy to walk one.

zewt, don't ask me why, I don't want to know also, about why the super duper powderful firewall can allow me to access blogs. Phew...

Unknown said...

I cross the road when the lights are red for sure...

but I will not do so in the following place : HK, Australia & S'pore... why? don't know.. just feel really responsible when go to those places hahahahah babes.. when you coming back ? miss you.. just meet up with Fenni today.. heheheh