Thursday, March 29, 2007

Haagen Dazs - 2nd encounter

OK, supposed to blog about how good was the ice-cream, and how good is the company (both were great in fact!:))
But I want to also blog about the lousy customer service attitude they have had, despite the fact that Haagen Dazs is an international company, charges way premium on the small scoop of ice-cream.

This is in fact the second time I experienced lousy service from them (the first one I also did blog about it last year in April). Both are different outlet.

Actually, everything went fine from the start. Until we called for the bill.

1st thing that pissed me off (a little bit), was the waiter asked me to fill in a survey form. I only answered first question, which was about "how satisfied do you feel in this visit?". Since it was really nice at the start, I clicked the box "很满意” (very satisfied). Before I can continue the rest (I can't even remember how many questions are there", he said, "ok, that's good enough", and took back the pen and the survey form. I was stunned for few seconds. I had the thought of going to him and asked him to return the form for me to change the answer. This is so horrible.

Next, they brought a small gift (tea beg) inside a nicely wrapped box. My another gf and I like it very much. So we just thought of trying to ask them if it is fine to give us another one? Actually, I knew the answer is no, but I just want to test their professionalism. And, I am right, there is NO professionalism at all. The waiter answered with a mocking expression in his face "no, no extra", he is like saying, "what? you want anotehr one? nei jao xiong (you wished)." There is simply no professionalism in his tone.

So, I have to make a conclusion. Haagen Dazs CEO, if you are reading this, please... with the premium price you are charging, can you have your staff trained properly, to be more professional and have good attitude? They simply just sucks now.

What a shame. Best ice-cream, but served with bad customer service.

Before
After
(We really enjoyed the ice-cream. But I will not want to come back again, at least not with my memory of this visit and last visit still fresh.)

6 comments:

Purple~MushRooM said...

Eh... did they ask us to fill in a survey form??? How come you didnt wait till the end? How to fill in a survey form in the beginning of the visit?
Love the ice cream... hate the sorbet. Thats what the leftover is abt... hahah.

Elizebeth D.L. said...

mushroom, it was at the time he brought us the bill. You didn't realize leh? He was fast. After I asnwered 1st question, he grabbed the form away from me. I told him I have not finished, he used his lousy attitude to tell me, "it is done".

I really wish the Haagen Dazs CEO read this. Well, perhaps he/she won't care also.

zewt said...

like what your friend lynn said... perhaps those words were filtered and being amplified in a wrong manner...

Unknown said...

After the years you are there... hmm.. get use to it babe! hahahahah...

Anonymous said...

HD in Shanghai? or KL?

Which outlet?

Elizebeth D.L. said...

dear anonymous, in Shanghai.

If you really want to know, both grand gateway and metrocity have unmatched services (they both very teruk, if you read my last year post about metrocity incident, they served me melted HD icecream and then claimed that because of the hot weather, it was served melted. My God, why would I want to eat melted HD?? They refused to exchanged for me, can you believe it? Haagen Dazs!).

why do you ask??