Thursday, March 29, 2007

Men are from Mars... really..


Tuesday, 5.30pm, bui bui sent me an email, ask me (I am his personal secretary, free one..) to book a cab for him to his meeting place for Thursday morning.


So I booked. 6pm, emailed him, "bui, booked liao. Cab will come pick you up from house between 9.15-9.25am. Booked under my name. They will call house when reached downstairs first."


Bui replied, "ok. thanks!"


At the same night (Tuesday), I reminded him at home, "bui, Thurs, 9.15-9.25am, the cab will pick you up yah." Bui replied, "ok."


Wednesday, 10.30pm, I reminded him again. "Bui, tomorrow, you wait for the cab call in between 9.15-9.25am yah." Bui replied, "no problem~"


This morning (Thursday), before I left the house to work, my one foot stepping inside the house, the other stepped outside the house, still reminding him one more time, "hon, the cab will reach around 9.15-9.25am yah... bye~" He said, "Oh.."


And I thought after so many reminders, he should remember the cab arrival time.


I reached office this morning, realized got 2 missed calls, and 2 messages. 2 missed calls were from bui bui, and 2 messages, goes like this:

1st sms: "eh the cab is not here yet. how come huh? should I wait for anotehr 5 min?"--- the time was recorded as 9.07am. Clearly he CAN'T remember I told him the cab arrival time is between 9.15-9.25am.


2nd sms:"cab is here. see you tonite. hehe.." --- the time was 9.16am.


I was like :.............


How come he is like my dad, never listen to what mom told him one? and he clearly did not hear what I said these few days. Really sai-hei~~~~...(wasting gas).


Phuffff..... Men are really from Mars...


p/s: Cab here is really on-time, one thing that I find is a bonus in this land.

10 comments:

Eileen said...

Now only you know ar? :P (Man are from Mars)

Well, it is a good sign though. Your hubby is dependent on you & have 100% reliance & trust on you.

你挺长舌哦~

Elizebeth D.L. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Elizebeth D.L. said...

长舌 also he never listen... aiyoh.. it really made me think of my parents. My mom always complaint my dad never listen to her...

I married to a man that has my dad's traits... SOB..

Last-of-the-Dragon said...

mine also has similar traits like my dad.....especially when it comes to looking for things. they would say "where, Where" when the things are right infront of their eyes...

Purple~MushRooM said...

Don't you know that we tend to marry ppl who reminds us of our parents?
See.. you're like his mum... keep reminding him.
He is like your dad... keep forgetting.
Hahahha!

Elizebeth D.L. said...

Yah... nowadays, if I go for business trip, I normally won't tell him the departure date and arrival date, coz he sure won't remember.

He will really get to know when I am packing a night before. Hehehe... sometimes I think if I zhao lou he also won't know.

I used to 在意 about this. Nowadays, I just laugh it off. Men are from Mars. We had better accept it.

Unknown said...

hahahahahah .. on the spot .

zewt said...

men are from mars... and women from venus.... but the love relationship between these 2 species continues through generationssssss.... you can hate us... but you still still love us... hah!

Lucky Lazy Lynn said...

Men have this filter system in their ears where they can take words as music, hence, nothing really goes in.

Poignantly, women have this filter system that amplifies every word that gets through, hence, we get angry at small little things when the other person didn't mean it that way.

That's the beauty of the difference of sexes I guess.

Elizebeth D.L. said...

Lynn, Zewt -- totally agree! hehehhe..