Monday, March 12, 2007

Arghhhhhhhhhh pls return my taste bud!!!

I am back for some business trip:) Yah, I wish I have more of this kinda business trip. One month once, I don't mind. haha... anyway..

I just discovered I no longer like my hokkien mee. I was feeling so disasterous about this discovery. This afternoon, I ordered my favorite hokkien mee, and I couldn't finish it!! I hate this kinda feeling. It is like betraying my roots like that. Shit, does it mean my taste bud has totally changed?

I also not getting very excited about nasi lemak, not even the ikan bilis in the nasi lemak.

I don't like pork-meat noodle anymore. Zoo-yuk-meen does not get me excited anymore, not even with the extra egg.

And then, I don't feel like eating the bak-boh (猪肉干) anymore. Not even my favorite 我来也!

I find myself sooooooooo sooooooo soooooooo disgusted when I started missing the 5th floor dim-sum place at my SH office on my 3rd day in KL. YUCKS!!!! SHIT!!!!! ARGHHH!!!!

I think I am sick... I need to find a doctor to fix my taste bud. This is not funny... Not funny at all.

9 comments:

Purple~MushRooM said...

Hello woman... same thing happened to most of us. We ate too much of good and expensive food here... not used to tai-pai-tong in KL anymore. I also dun find my fav hokkien mee nice anymore.... :(

Eileen said...

Haha... I still need mamak rockz. I didnt get to eat much KL food when I went back to CNY. But I am sure I will still love my Sarawak food... Already 2 years plus since I last return. But it will happen at June.

Lucky Lazy Lynn said...

Don't worry, it's just food. I don't miss Malaysian food at all for the past three years. On the other hand, I miss Melbourne food badly when I'm in KL.

Elizebeth D.L. said...

I had mee-siam today at hotel. So nice!!!:)

I also had green curry... hohoho....

and curry chicken for breakfast... HAHA!!!

My taste bud is still here. At least I still enjoy meesiam, green curry, and curry chicken (well, at least for breakfast still).

It is now 1.08am, I am still working my ass off for my work. I look at the bed, I think it is calling me to go sleep. Well, I will find out more what I have for breakfast tomorrow. kekeke... never realized this hotel is so good in providing local malaysian food. I'm loving it~~

zewt said...

hahahahahahahaha
you sure your taste bud is back?

you're missing something from mainland china... SH!!! perhaps you should consider staying there for good? haha!

Purple~MushRooM said...

Food in Sheraton Imperial is always my favourite!!! Used to have many seminars there and the food is always good. Yum yum!

舞者 said...

zewt, the fact that you think staying in Malaysia is so much better than in China makes me wonder if you truly enjoy being fucked over and over and over and over again by the Malaysian government. Well, what do I know, that fella is a Type A, bleh.

舞者 said...

跟外国人接触久了使我感觉到我身为中华民族的自豪。虽然我跟你一样,不喜欢中国的生活(相信我,少说我也在那儿呆过1个月),但我为我族自豪。我有众多的中国朋友,我的妻子甚至会是个中国人。中国虽非我祖国,却是乃我族之象征。当我看见你放纵你的半黄不白的朋友不停地侮辱我族之象征,我感慨不已,我们一向认为正义可爱的待诗究竟去了哪里?

Elizebeth D.L. said...

老罗,他们(甚至-- 包括我)也只是在文字上诉诉苦,毕竟,生活在这"块"土地上真的不容易。你的一个多月在这里,相信你也有同感。

你的民族自豪,我也能理解,毕竟,有哪一个民族可以如此的快速成长、掌握多种语言技巧、领导们又在国际上这么有地位,连股市打个喷嚏也可以令到远在美国的股市也感冒呢?

但是,不可否认,他们的确还有太多的地方得改善。我也不是说我们的国家很好,但,至少我们有距离感,有保持自身卫生的醒觉,有要每天都冲凉的自觉,etc. 当然,我说的这一些不能代表全部的民族,但是,这是我亲生experience的事情(如最近的money changer incidence). 这是我的experience, 可能你们很多有“我祖国是美好的”的belief,但是,你可能也能感觉到,很多外国人真的很讨厌跟一帮叽叽喳喳的CN人同一个电梯,甚至是同一班机。当然,这也只是我个人humble的观察,不能代表全部。我本人不会介意和某一些CN人同一个电梯,比如黄晓明。但,这,again, 不是全部人的意愿。哈~

My point is, this is just a place for me to 诉苦,and for those that have the same experience to share some thoughts. I don't have to care so much right?? For me, this is just a place where I re-visit in another 20 years, I hope I can find those ugly experience no longer exist in this piece of land, and all those experiences are just merely a memory. That's all.