Wednesday, March 07, 2007

A day without "cell"

Have you experienced your soul is out of your body?

I felt it whenever I forgot to bring my cell with me to work.

The feeling is like, "would I miss some important calls?"

And best part is, if you are meeting your friends for lunch or dinner, and you told her to wait for you at some BIG compoud, e.g. KLCC front door, and after that conversation, you left the house, half way driving there, you realized you forgot your handphone.

So, you waited at KLCC front door patiently. Best part again, it was raining heavily, and your friend was not here yet at the agreed time, and you forgot to tell her which KLCC front door!

I was watching the new "上海滩" series lately, the one starred by the lengchai 黄晓明. (when he acted for 神雕侠女, he was so fat. I didn't know he can be so yao-ying in 上海滩). There was one scene, when the heng-dai wanted to find a way to tell 丁力 (he was at another site) that the 金大中 has kidnapped his mom, it appeared to me that if there was cellphone invented during that time, it will save his heng-dai great amount of effort to tell him this news. Cellphone is so important.

And today, I forgot to bring cellphone to work again. Arghh... reached office, first thing I did was email those important persons of mine to tell them I forgot my handphone and please call my office number if they need to reach me. And.. I am meeting my fren for lunch. It made me think back the KLCC incident. Oh Gosh....

Cellphone has made us become so dependant.

7 comments:

Purple~MushRooM said...

If i forgot to bring my handphone, I will feel like as if I forgot to wear my underwear. Yeah, so handicapped without it.

Unknown said...

I do that all the time! either my phone is out of bat, or I forgot to bring out.. but I am okay with not having my cell around.. heh heh heh..

Lucky Lazy Lynn said...

I can't live without my cell for even an hour! I feel very insecure without it, say if I get into an accident, what can I do without a cell? I guess it could be an Asian thing as most of my white friends here they don't feel like us. After 5pm, the cell is not important to them anymore.

This is bad. Techno-dependency.

zewt said...

cant be that bad right? sigh... we are really getting too dependent on that small piece of gadget!

remember those days when we can remember all our friends' number?

Unknown said...

Yeah!we call from public phones / house phone.!! oh My Gowd! I had my frist huge cell phone when I was 19 years old!

Elizebeth D.L. said...

nowadays, you are considered very out if you still call your friend on their house phone.

I can only remember my own house number, and some of my best high school friends house number. I can't remember anyone's cellphone number except mine and my hubby (yah, not even my mama or papa's cell number I can remmeber).

One time, I forgot to bring my cellphone back from office. I thought of calling my colleagues who were still in office to ask them safe keep for me. Guess what? I can't even remember any of their 11-digit number~~~ gosh~

Eileen said...

Luckily u didnt mention about the person you met for lunch. She have a cell phone, but run out of credit at the important time. hahahahahahahaha...

Damn cialat!