Friday, November 18, 2011

She's 92

Saw my neighbor Dave in the lift yesterday. He was so nice, holding up the lift so I can have time to get mail from the mailbox.

In the lift, he told me his mother just passed away today. I thought I hear wrongly... I repeated, "your mother??". He said she's at Ottawa. I told him I was sorry... He smiled and said she's 92.

92??!!! Then I don't feel sorry at all. Hey, your mom outlived my dad for more than 1/4 of the century ok!

He didn't look sad at all... or he has not have time to reflect to the news? I don't know... Even if my mom live til 200 years old and if I know she passed away, I will be really really really sad.

One thing I find guai lou here, they not close to their parents at all... parents died, just die loh. No big deal.

:-( Why so different one?

3 comments:

mun said...

Maybe for this man, his mother was very ill and suffering so he is not sad that she finally passed away and did not have to suffer anymore.

limpeh said...

this is because guai lou society is more individualistic, most children dun live together with their parent, the value of is different.

when come the day we depart from this world, no matter how old we are, our family and close friends will still be sad. but come to think about it, 90 year-old is considered 高龄 and should be happy about it.

mom said...

今早发现一朵富贵花自行跌落在花盆里,虽然它已灿烂盛开过,检起那枯萎的花时,心真有点不舍。花开花落本属自然规律,就如人的一生,但一天心爱的人永远离你远去,能不难过吗?你的邻居肯定掉过眼泪,那是一定的!