Thursday, March 30, 2006

Airflight/Airport Encounter

I came back last night. Plane was delayed, yes, again, for 2 hours. I only had 4 trips so far, but I have experienced plane delayed for 3 times liao. China airport, is it that busy or not? They kept saying is because of busy air traffic, so cannot take off. Oh, mind u, 2 out of the 3 delay incidents, we were already sitting on the plane, so no choice, can only 干等。

After 1 hour sitting on the plane with no 动静, some cipet uncle started to scream – 派饭吧!都几点了?!that time was 8pm. Then, the lady sitting next to me, probably younger than me and she worked for AC Nielson ok… (why I know? Coz she turned on her laptop frantically doing her ppt about yoghurt and using AC Nielson spreadsheet to come up with chart for analysis. Can’t blame me, sitting on plane waiting to take off is the most bored thing on earth, I can only let my eyes wander around), she also screaming the same phrase, “派饭啦!都几点了?!”She finally took out her bread from her bag and eat, and shut up. Just as soon as she doing so, the plane taking off quietly, no announcement was made, just take off like that. Sigh.. dinner was served, and cheena cipet uncle like never eat dinner long long time liao, finished his meal in 3 minutes. I am not exaggerating. I have not opened the 饭盒, he already finished his meal. Amazing.

By the way, I don’t really care they served the meal late, coz I already ate at the airport. Smart move eh?;)

After finished meal, the guy sitting at diagonal angle from me (at aisle seat), opened his laptop, IBM thinkpad. I thought he was some great entrepreneur guy or what, coz he was wearing a hat, quite sporty like that. But unexpected, I was wrong!!!! I don’t know who he is, but he definitely is nothing great. He turned on his laptop to frantically reply email (I think all are forwarded email, coz no attachment, and the TO list is pretty long, and does not seem very corporate look kinda email), the seat was very crammed, so he cannot lay his laptop properly on the table even though it is IBM thinkpad. So he sitting sideway (aisle), and laptop was practically blocking the small walkway. (mind you, china air plane very small!!!! The seat was so giamsiap, like want to squeeze everyone in that small air craft). The air stewardess and air steward when passing by, they all have to “gut hei” their butt to avoid messing with his screen. By the time the flight wanted to land, the guy still refuse to turn off the laptop, regardless how many kind reminders from the air stewardess. At the end, they have no choice, one of the air stewardess go and tell him to shut it off, then stand beside him and stare at his screen, until he turned it off. What a thick face cheena ah beng. Sigh sigh sigh.

Then plane finally reached Hong Qiao airport at Shanghai. 200 cipet cheena people got off the plane, run to the taxi waiting area, and of course no need to say, without lining up in 1 line, they “lined up” to get taxi home. The woman behind me, kept 贴得很近,very rude. Then the uncle supposed behind me, cutting the que, and some more kept smoking and I was almost choking to death. Not only I have to let him cut que because he got big body and his face like a murderer or some cipet ah beng’s dad, I have to suffer from his low-price cigarette, I know sure is cheap cigarette because the smell damn choking. Then the lady behind me, in her 20’s, quite pretty, also face thick thick, cut que!!!!! Can you guys believe it? Sigh…...

So, that was my great encounters during the return trip from Guangzhou. I wonder when can china people really can take orders, and can que up in 1 line, without touching other’s people body for standing near, and be polite. When? 20 years? 30 years? 50 years?!!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

hmm.. maybe they "Don't want to" change.. well, until all these bunch of ppl's cucu , when they actually go to other countries and learn what is polite and manners and so on.. then the whole community might change.. but fat changes of them changin their way in next 10 years.. like our pig heads here also take a long time to start changing.. Dr M scold, cried, shout, scream..and etc.. also never change.. it's more like the next generations, those who have chance to study abroad have a different set of mind.. well, at least those I knew off lately.. human are not found of change.. even though they know is for the best.. that's the fact.

舞者 said...

I am extremely sympathetic with you. By the way, I am also extremely surprised that you didn't see anybody digging their nose, scratching their bare feet on the plane, or spread their legs so wide beside you that you can't sit comfortably.

Elizebeth D.L. said...

Digging nose have not seen yet. Probably I did not realized gua. coz I usually walked very fast, and looking down, afraid might stepped on some shiny spit, so I never look at thier nose. Haha..

Bloody cheena cipet!!

vincentwoo said...

Damm, China really need to upgrade their Civic firmware. Their spitting habbit is the more disgusting thing.

Top 10
1) Spitting
2) Squating
3) talk loudly on mobile
4) put the leg on the chair
5) talk loudly in restaurant (u will pray they are no in a fine dining restaurant)
6) eat like their last dinner in buffet
7) (fill in the blank here>
8) (fill in the blank here>
9) (fill in the blank here>
10) (fill in the blank here>