Tuesday, January 03, 2006

A raining day at Shanghai on a working day...

Today is my second day of work at Shanghai office. Yesterday was my first day. It was easy to catch a cab yesterday to work because it was still a holiday to many shanghainese, and, it was not raining, and wind was not blowing crazily.

This morning, it was raining quite heavily. I thought I can handle it without any hassle since I have spent 4 years in a city called Vancouver, a city that is seldom not-raining during winter time.

I stand on the street for 10 minutes, no cab. I could have kept waiting, but the stupid wind kept molesting my umbrella!!! the wind is coming from all directions. I cannot avoid it. my umbrella overturn 2 times. I was frustrated. I started to curse. And what the heck, i decided to take MRT to work, though have to walk for 15 min after the station to office, it is still better than standing on the street and cannot guarantee to catch a cab in the next 10 min. aih....

My hair was all messed up, laptop bag was wet, and umbrella was ugly when I reached office. I started to miss my driving days in KL. sob sob... and the feeling of frustration that I expenrienced in 4 winter periods in Vancouver is over me again.

I actually miss Malaysia sun-shine..................... sob.

I hope this is not an everyday-event. I looked at my co-wokers, they are like very normal, though they are wet too, but their face do not have the frustration look. Oh-ma-ma.........................

2 comments:

舞者 said...

Yes, come to think of it, we actually have quite an easy life in KL. Rains are heavy but short, winds are mild, city is not as crowded, and even cars are easier to come by, even if that means Proton, much to my lament.

Elizebeth D.L. said...

Actually, one thing Shanghai wins over KL -- the road, although full of people walking and cabs "HON" "HON" here & there, is without big holes. KL road is full of lousy holes, and in rainy seasons, new holes are found everyday.