Wednesday, January 18, 2006

The most valuable possession - Health

Ever since I came to Shanghai, my health was deteriorating. At first it was only a fever, then followed by sorethroat, then followed by severe coughing and running nose. My colleague accompanied me to see doctor at hospital (it is nothing serious, I am not admitted to hospital, it is simply because here does not have handy clinics like what we have in Malaysia). To avoid long q, she suggested I take the 特区服务. Do you know that it costs me RMB 151.50 just to 挂号,and another RMB 216.80 for the medicine prescribed?? I was so shocked. Then my colleague told me the 挂号fees might not get to claimed. I was looking at her with big eyes. I don't care, I will submit. This is so ridiculous. And the medicine tasted so bitter, especially the coughing solutions. My God... that is the most bitter medicine I had ever taken so far. Having said that, after took the 4 medicines, I do actually feel better, despite the bitterness stay in my mouth for hours (after 2 hours, can still feel your saliva has that taste).

I suddenly realize health is the most valuable property we have to garness. I can't sleep very well at night because of the coughing, and because of this, Jay is also affected. I am glad that he did not get infected by me. But I am most glad that he is taking great care of me. He will wake up at night when I was coughing, and leave the warm bed just to heat up the water for me to drink. I am very touched by this...

So, despite the horrible health I had lately, I am very thankful I have a very caring husband:) I really wish I can recover soon so can have some great moment with him in Shanghai. Right now during weekend, the most I can do is go grocery shopping with him. Can't do more than that because still not feeling well. Sigh...

I suddenly miss my doctor at home, Sentral Clinic, Dr. Rao:) He always tease me when he was giving the anti-hepatitis B injection. He will ask stupid question like "had your dinner?" even though the time was 9.30pm+, just to take my attention away while he was giving injection:) hehehe...

Really don't understand why China has no clinic.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I have to introduce you to my best friend , she has the same problem with yah.. she misses malaysia so much she nearly hug a "pao tao" malay lady in Macau Airport.. coz the "Pao tao" malay lady represent Malaysia and she's like racist towards own race.. hahahaha..

Elizebeth D.L. said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Elizebeth D.L. said...

I have not seen a baotao woman here. But that day I went for haircut, the haircut sifu told me got a lot of malaysian and Singaporean here. But where are they?? How to start my social life again??

I hate this place the more I talked about it.