Monday, January 23, 2006

Opening a bank account

Yesterday my admin personnel asked me to open a bank account at 工商银行, she said the bank opens at 8.30am, asked me go there earlier, because by 10am I shall pass the bank account number to her so my salary can be transfered by this week.

Went there at 8.40am, it has a note sticking on the wall there says office hour is from 9-12, then 1.30-4.30pm. ..... today weahter somemore very cold. Aih.. if I walked to office, then walk back at 9am, the time is wasted. If I stand there, the time is also wasted, but at least I don't have to waste energy walking... so, I chose to stay, even though is cold.

I was the first one there.

close to 9am, the door was opened, I tell u, I was number 1. But then, those uncle, ah-soh, ah-pek, ah beng, ah lian, they all flock in like a bunch of loose duck, without lining up of course, and again, I was pissed off. Damn it. THe china government should really send these people back to school again to learn waht is good manner, and to learn how to line up in 1 straight line.

So, finally the guard made them line up. I was number 9.

When it was about my time, I cought customer service lady walking pass me, asked her is this the right lane for opening bank account (you see, all my energy is channeled to get to the front line, no time to ask and no one for me to ask also whether I am at the right line, and if I stepped out and ask, my seat will be taken, and I will be number 25. I TELL U!!! So frustrated. the lady throw 3 forms at me, asked me to fill in. So I have no choice, I stepped out for 5 min to fill in, the customer service lady herself also said it is fine, just fill in and then get back to front line and get the next available counter to serve me.

I filled up, and get back to line. Those ah soh, ah pek, ah lian, ah beng (different group of course because those group they have already long gone and long served already), ignoring me I should be the next person being served, they using the light speed, run to the next available counter, before I can do anything. So there I was, standing at the front line, too slow to make any move, and being bulied by all these people... all these lowly educated ah soh, ah pek, ah lian, and ah beng. Sigh... so, I was amazed, and also still am amazed -- they do know everyone should line up and wait for their turn, even though they themselves do not like to abide by this rule. However, their stupid brain cannot think -- I was in the front line anyway, I was just stopped for 3-5 minutes to get some forms filled and signed. So like that is not called cut Q ok? Thier morning performance just now was called CUT Q.

Back to office, my running nose and coughing was back. I was swearing deep down my heart, if because of this I catch the cold again, I am gonna scream in the office!!!!!! Oh, just now on the way back to office, I saw 2 uncle spit on the road again.

I am so sick of this city. Fucking & bloodily sick.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Well look back your blog, you have one with "cute punya shanghainess" ?? hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha .. sorry need I say more?

Elizebeth D.L. said...

that time I have not fully settled down yet, cannot see the spitting scene by those old uncle and young punky head ah beng... now I am more alert and all these are really pissing me off loh..

I miss Malaysia... I miss Maybank... I miss our government, even though they are not perfect too, but here suck more big time.

Cely said...

I tot shanghai shud be more 先进 city than other place in china...
haha...

Anyway, ur blog is interesting. i bump in randomly.. :)