Wednesday, April 02, 2008

relevancy... differentiator... brand development stage!

I was busy this week, yah... again.

Anyway, we were in the meeting room, coz the big guai boss is here, and we have media review. Yes, they want to review if the money spent is worth the sell-through results we have or not.

For easy reference sake, let's say we have 3 brands in the company. Each is called Brand A, B, and C respectively.

Brand A is the biggest sales contribution. So, TVC (tv commercial) is doing great job. Brand B, was second big, until 2 years ago, the brand I handling (Brand C) has overtake it's second position. Muahahhaa... happy.

Anyway, we were discussing why the TVC of Brand B generates more than 100% of M/S ratio. more than 30% is pretty bad already. Imagine Brand B has the figures like more than 100% in some of the tv commercial.

The Brand B in charge person was sitting beside me.

She was reading some ppt, I key poh, I read too. It was just some Marketing Slides from somethin like text book material. Talking about brand relevancy, consumer experience, and brand development in a market. Something like that. She even turned to me and ask how do I pronounce "differentiator". I was thinking, you having exam later is it?

Guess what happened in next 20 minutes? I was so shocked, I have to calm myself down if not others will see my panic look. She started to comment! And the words that coming from her mouth, was those terms that she was "revising" minutes ago!!!

"Brand B might not be ready for TVC, because, the consumer don't feel the relevancy with the product, and they cannot experience the ownership, bla bla bla, and the years that this brand has entered into this market is very early, we cannot compare to U.S., bla bla bla... differentiator bla bla bla (i cannot remember what she said about differentiator).

Anyway, I am shocked. These chinese people, first of all, really is a great pretender. They can open up a text book kinda ppt and start revising the terms, and start bull-shiting. They can be thicked face too, got people force u with a gun meh? if you know about this "relevancy or not relevancy" at the first place, then why still go tvc?

I learnt a lesson yesterday. Bull-shitter is every where. And, they look like just anyone of us.

I really respect her yesterday! Coz after her "text book terms" comment, the boss simply did not chase after her why her M/S ratio is so high. The boss just concluded maybe the big chunk of money she has should give to Brand C to further brand develop. (hahahaha...)

1 comment:

Shopaholicfern said...

bull-shitters ARE everywhere..coz talker is FOC. no need $$ mah..so everyone just talk and buy their way out.
happens here in my company too...
oh, btw, my place here also got a lot of Tai-Chi masters....always Tai-Chi away the work load to others...ur place got ah?
so sick of these people hor?