Thursday, April 24, 2008

Cheena? Chinese?

Read my friend's blog, and can feel he is very angry that some oversea chinese (like me?) is calling China Chinese as cheena, or cheenaman.

I wanted to debate with him, but I decided why waste my gas. The more I work in corporate world, the more I come to realize EVERY individual has DIFFERENT thinking, ALL the time.

Some people think cheena is related to Japanese time in China last time, where they mockingly called the chinese as cheena, 支那人.

I can tell you whenever I called them cheena, it's not related to Japanese or whatever. But, mocking, yes. I called them cheena because I feel calling them chinese is unfair, because chinese is a very general term, and it includes every chinese, including malaysian chinese, singapore chinese, indonesian chinese, american chinese and so on & so on. When you see "cheena" in my text, it simply means I am refering to the irritating bunch of chinese in china, normally this includes rude people, spitting people, people who pushed people around in a wide area public place, people who argued in public place in high pitched tone, people who give you dead-man-face when you just asking them simple question, people who don't line up and love to push around, and last but not least, people who smoke in public or restaurant ignoring there are pregnant women, kids, or old people around them who will not benefit from being a 2nd-hand smoker.

That's my definition of "cheena"!

4 comments:

Purple~MushRooM said...

Ya... today Cheena made me angry. And stoopid american also upset me a lot more... cibai ppl... fcuk them all!

Anonymous said...

Hahaha.. Wtf.. I agree with you what you called that cheena ppl.. ���u�I�I

舞者 said...

I remember your definition of that word. I only wish you had chosen a less damning name.

Anonymous said...

Now I understand the real truth behind the name 'cheena'. BTW, your friend is real mad. Calm her down...