Monday, April 21, 2008

Happiness (Malaga Trip) and Sickness

Happiness:

I was with Jay’s incentive trip to Spain Malaga for 6 days 5 nights. It is an owesome trip. The trip totally open my eyesight about Europe countries. Before this trip, I thought Europe is English speaking country. Finally I realized I am wrong. They speak everything from French, Germany, Spanish, Arabian, but only very little English. So a lot of body language was used in the trip.

Someone told me Spanish is the most speaking language in the world, not English. I wonder is this true or not. And, I think the Spanish language is very beautiful. I don’t mind to learn this language at all.

Malaga is a very beautiful city, got the Mediterranean sea, beautiful flowery buildings, churches all around, and Picasso Museum! I never know Picasso was from Spain until this trip. And we were debating whether to join the day tour to the Picasso Museum because both Jay and I are not a museum-person. Anyway, I am glad we make a correct choice. It was without regret to learn so much about Picasso in the trip! And there was a joke when visiting the Picasso museum:

Tour guide (he is Spanish, but speak good English, but still sometimes I cannot quite understand his English): “I want to tell you all that Picasso started using cubism (pubic-ism) in his drawing starting from 19xx. Can you see the cubism from this art? Beautiful isn’t it?” At that time, he was pointing at a piece of Art where it showed the woman’s private part (Picasso pieces have a lot of women’s element. He has 4 focuses in his art: Woman, Family, Friends, Sex&Death), and so I thought he was saying pubic-ism. You know, pubic as in pubic hair….

So I was enjoying his art and kept remembering he uses a lot of pubic-ism in his drawing. Until few minutes later, I finally understand he was referring to cubism (cubic, as in 3D drawing). I was chuckling to myself. And I told this joke to Jay, he said I am so hamsap. Hahaha..

Anyway, I enjoyed very much about Picasso Art. I love the part of his drawing where one face can have more than one interpretation. Such a genius of using cubism. And, he has so many women. He is quite hamsap too.

We also went to Ronda, where the ancient bridge is there, and also the bullring is there. However, due to time constraint, we didn’t get a chance to see the bull-fightL Tour guide (his name is Miguel, quite a funny man) said, “don’t feel frustrated, come back again.” Wah… he must not have understand it is not easy for us Asian to go to Europe. The flight time was so long. Sit until pet pet also pain lah.

I also enjoyed the Malaga city tour itself very much. We went into a souvenoir shop, where this uncle is so friendly. He is old, and very enthusiastic to show us his stuff. We were already late for group lunch, and yet at the same time we feel so reluctant to tell him stop showing us stuff because we are late. Anyway, he is a good man, even though we can’t seem to understand each other very much – it takes us more than 30 seconds to explain we looking for chocolate. Hahaha… body languages were used, including I gei-gei put something into my mouth and chewed and give him a thumbs up, then only he knows we are referring to chocolate.


the resort that we were staying. It was a lovely resort. Each house was different from the other, and very homy feel.

This is the mosque just next to our resort. During certain hour, can hear the sembahyang sound very clearly.

Some other beautiful pictures I took:






Sickness:

I am still well in the first 2 days I reached Shanghai. Then my throat was suddenly so painful when I woke up on Sunday morning. I thought I had sore-throat from cold. So I took a lot of cold medicine. Then Monday morning, each saliva-swallow process was so torturing. It was so painful. And I have fever. But because I already took 5 days off last week for vacation, it really isn’t that nice to tell my company I am sick and can’t come in for work on a Monday right? So I just tell them I need to go to see doc and be in office later. As usual, morning I cannot catch any cab. So I took subway to a more popular station where there is cab so I can take the cab from there to the hospital. I tell you, I almost fainted in the subway. As time goes by, I feel some stars are dancing in front of my eyes. The feeling is horrible. It’s like when your handphone is low on battery, you so afraid it will suddenly just went dead. I was so worried if I fainted in the subway, who is going to rescue me? Superman as in the movie?? Or what? So I prayed and prayed, finally it was that stop, and I got off with hand shaking. I am safe! Once I got off the subway, the fresh air make me feel better, and I slowly walked out to the street to catch a cab.

Doc said something in my throat was swollen. No wonder so painful lah. She gave me some medicine. She also said if it does not subside 3 days later, must come back see her. She said it in a very serious tone. I actually got worried a bit. From her tone, can see that this sickness can be quite serious if not treated immediately.

So, I dragged my fevered body, aching head and painful throat to office to finish my hundreds email.

The painful level got better today. I hope it will recover soon. Deep down inside me, I very worried it was a small fishbone that I accidentally swallow in Spain, on Apr 16th. But I don’t feel any uncomfortable on 17th onwards. Could it be that stupid bone? I swear to God again I am not going to have another fish in my life. This time I mean it. My throat is so bone-friendly I am so sick of it. Blardy throat!

Once again, I realized health is very important. So important that nothing else matters anymore when you are sick, even if it is just flu or diarrhea. My sister lately also have some health issue. I am praying hard she will get through again this round. My little sister is much stronger than I mentally, for this I really respect her. The same kind of thing she is going though if happen to me, I don’t think I can take it the way she is handling it. So to my sister I want to say “hang on there, and I hope you get well soon my dearest sister. And I wish no more torture stuff will land upon you after you pass through this obstacle!”

I love you Ah Mi. Be tough and good ok?




3 comments:

Eileen said...

What happen to your sis?

I went to Barcelona, Spain. Damn nice place. Europe is very pretty, and really europe speaks very little english. You be surprised that Eastern Europe where less developed countries actually speaks better english!

Purple~MushRooM said...

Wow... so beautiful! The place is so clean. You are so lucky. Can go free trip to Europe!!

Anonymous said...

Hope your sister gets well soon. BTW, Malaga is indeed a beautiful place, got so many historic buildings as shown in your photos.