Sunday, April 06, 2008

Huangshan Trip #1

We, 6 of us, went to Huangshan over the weekend. It was a short 2 days trip, by bus (6 hours through, another 6 hours forth). P.M. asked us how was the trip today, and here's what Winston replied in the email "foggy, raining, tired, and dai-D (Big 2)". Hahaha...

Yah, it was very foggy, and raining. 1st day was practically wasted. We reached there around 1.30pm, had lunch and by the time we get on the cable car to go up there (yah, we lazy ass, not climbing up. But how to climb? It takes 5 hours to climb!!), it was around 3pm something. Checked in the hotel, dumped the heavy back pack, and it started raining so heavily outside!! So, our Dai D session started at 4pm til 6pm (dinner time). Luckily we came in a group. If not, what to do in hotel besides you watch me, I watch u?

We must say the hotel standard is much better than what we thought and imagined. It was small, but cozy, and clean (esp carpet and toilet). I hate to say this, but this hotel is much much much better than the 1088 yuan Zhao Long Hotel!!

1st night, was Dai D session til 11pm again. Outside hak-ma-ma, nothing else to do also. But, a lot of campers camped outside the hotel. I don't know why they can do that. But most importantly, I cannot understand how they stand the wind and rain at night. It was so windy at night, I can hear the "woo woo" wind sound on and off. Poor them.

At 5am, those campers already making noises. Sunrise time is around 5.49am, according to the hotel forecast system. Hotel also implicated the chances of seeing the Sun rise was 40% that day. Of course lah, so foggy and rainy. I was a bit disappointed. But I still woke up Babe to go to window see whether the sky is clear or not at 5.00am. He went to window unwillingly, open up the curtain, and said "i can't see anything honey.." I said, "did u put on your glasses?" Babe replied, "honey, I mean it is very foggy, I can't see anything!". So we went to sleep again.

At 5.20am, my alarm snoozed again. I was hoping the wind blow the fog away in the past 20 minutes. So I ask babe go see if the sky was cleared. My babe murmured "why don't u go see yourself. so unfair". I just pushed him off the bed, he no choice, go to window and replied, "i still can't see anything honey"...

So, I was indeed disappointed. Sleep until 6am. Can't sleep no more coz the campers outside were really very noisy. And got tour-guide speaking through the microphone too, "bla bla bla". WOW, they sure wake up early and climb few stair case (from another hotel I suspect) to reach here to try thier luck to see sunrise. I picked this hotel because i know we can see sunrise just outside the hotel. Haha... smart or not? But luck was not on my side lah, can't see no sun that day at all, don't even hoping for sun-rise.

But we were lucky, the next morning was not raining anymore! But fog was still on and off there, so we managed to snap a few pictures when the fog was thin. And climbed some stair case to cover some tourist spot. Jay and I really enjoyed the view even though it is quite foggy. We plan to come back here again, soon! (That's why I put the title of this post as "Huangshan Trip #1, coz #2, 3, 4 is definitely coming up soon! hehehe)

p/s: one thing we love huangshan is, 95% of the area was NO SMOKING ZONE! Haahhahaa.... the air was so clean! I love it!!!


Cable Car view. Cable car took 15 minutes, 80 rmb. If climb, takes 5 hours.

Just got off cable car.
6 of us (I holding the camera lah. haha) - left to right: Calvin, hubby, Winston, Keng Fei, and Wendy.



See my hubby is so excited. haha..
Can u see different shape of the mountain rocks?? I wonder how they form like this, especially the left first one. Looks like a chestnut.
Campers that camped outside our hotel. I took this picture just from our room's window.
This tree is called "lover tree" wor... can u see it looks like 2 person sticking together:)

Can u see the locks? The lovers come here to lock up the lock, and throw the key down the mountain to signify their love is forever and ever. It's quite not environmental friendly though.



Huangshan -- I love you!!!!


9 comments:

Purple~MushRooM said...

Eh.. why those campers wanna camp? Save money? When are you going again, I think maybe the next round, I wanna go too. But can we not take the bus?

Elizebeth D.L. said...

i think take train more tiring.

take plane might be dangerous I heard. can you ask your guai what transportation mode he took?

Eileen said...

Oi, got miss me or not?!?!?! Wukakaka

Wah wah not bad someone went to huangshan. I went there that time very clear and sunny and cooling.. A bit cloudy when you went though

Elizebeth D.L. said...

eileen - yah, it was very foggy 90% of the time there. So, we must go again!

Next time u come back we go again? hehehee:P

Anonymous said...

Can you please let me know the name of the hotel? Thanks.

Elizebeth D.L. said...

anoymous -- the one I stayed at huangshan is 北海宾馆. It's better than 西海宾馆 & 狮林大酒店 (at least from outside ours look much better. haha). You going ah?

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your reply. Reading your post makes me want to go to Huang Shan so that's why I ask. So far for China, I've only been to Shanghai and Beijing so Huang Shan may be my next China destination. BTW, I'm from KL. M'sia. Thanks again.

Anonymous said...

This place is definitely in my plan next year. Do you know when is the best time in the year to visit so that the sky is clear (not foggy)?

Elizebeth D.L. said...

anonymous - no problem at all. Hope when you go the weather is good.

Jam - someone told me the best time to go is June. However, it will be the summer time, too hot to walk all day long. So, I am thinking maybe May is the best time actually. Somoene also told me up there is always rainy days. So it really depends on your luck if you get a clear day to see some good view. Sigh.... pray hard?