Monday, December 10, 2007

I am not laughing... la...

"Nesest stop is Shanghai SOS station" - It meant to say "Next stop is Shanghai South Station".

"可令的数据” - It meant to say "clean database"

"Please send me your plantation" - It meant to say "Please send me your presentation".

"Sin-sia" - It meant to say "Cynthia".

"Sank-Q!" - It meant to say "thank you!"

"emmmmmup-BA" with kek-ling tone - It meant to say "MBA"

This is how Shanghainese speak English...

I am not laughing.. I am not laughing! I am not laughing?!!

4 comments:

jam said...

And I am laughing, hahaha!

Purple~MushRooM said...

Eh... 可令的数据.. does it instead meant 克隆? Meaning cloned.

You ah.. Hahaha. You really anti-cheena la. I got nothing to say la. I love this city. Hahaha.

Elizebeth D.L. said...

Junie, they cannot pronounce "th" one.. they can only have the "s" sound, just like their ass...

tiu, i hate shanghai.

one more example, "left side", they pronounced "lefet side".

Elizebeth D.L. said...

purple mushroom - cleaned database, they mean, the database that is scanned through and take out the repeated ones...