Sunday, December 30, 2007

2008 eve

My busy VIP show is finally over last Friday. It also almost marks my 2007 working life eh? I mean, today is Dec 31st 2007. I cannot believe I have been living here for more than 2 years (everytime i think of this, i have to "sigh" for a while). And, time really flies. Tomorrow is 2008 already loh. And, I am still here. Blardy...

Let's see what have I accomplished and what have I lost in 2007.

Accomplishment --
1) Got sick 3 times and went to see doctor in hospital 3 times because of that. Bui said I need to exercise a bit. Isn't the weekly grocery shopping and shopping is considered exercise?? Anyway... I will consider his proposal -- join a gym. Er... wait til winter is over first.
2) I learnt a lot in my job. I thought I know my job 3 years ago. But I realized this year is the year I hands-on a lot of things, and therefore learn the most. For this, I actually feel thankful to my supervisor and to my big big boss.
3) I can understand 70% of the shanghainese language now. Another 30% to go and I will be so happy to stand along the roadside to find out what they argued next time. Yay! It is this curiosity that keeps me interested in learning shanghainese language.
4) I changed my handphone.
5) I have been to Tibet. And have the liquid-medicine dripped right into my blood vain for the first time. Also the first time I saw doctor wear so dirty white clothes and smoke while doing his job.. Aiyo-yo..
6) Revisited Vancouver, and still fall in love with it, just like 9 years ago.
7) Realized 人不可貌相, some guys look really sibeh, but heart & personality damn good. haha..
8) Learnt that nothing is impossible in China.
9) Learnt how to eat hairy crab. And I actually like it very much now!
10) Addicted to Karaoke. Thanks to Purple Mushroom.

Lost --
1) Not spending time with my family. That's a huge lost to me as my family value is very strong.
2) Not eating butter crab for 1 year!
3) Almost go insane every morning dealing with rude shanghainese at subway.
4) Not able to live a life with a car.
5) Lost 1 fren in Shanghai because he decided to go back to kl! sob..
6) Not changing job yet... why no one wants me??

Shall I celebrate? Coz my lost seems to be shorter than accomplishement!! Hmmm....

2008... dunno how to welcome you... coz I don't see the "lost" part is going to improve in 2008 also. OK lah, i have to be optimistic!!

Happy New Year to everyone!:-)

No comments: