Monday, December 17, 2007

new phone, macam having 'new bf'

I have a new phone.

In the process of getting used to it, I discovered it is just like having a new lover, or new bf.

You see, you got yourself a 'new phone' because you think your 'old phone' does not live up to your expectation, or because you think your 'old phone' is not trendy anymore, or because you think your 'old phone' not as nice as what you first met him (expectation changed with time). This is just like -- you met a 'new bf' and you think he is so attractive you must have him, you think he is so much better than the one you currently have at home. You think he is fabuloous, trendy, and, he is simply just so much better than your current bf.

So, you change bf, just like you change phone.

New phone, you need time to get used to it. For example, Sony Ericsson phone and Nokia phone, all function keys are terbalik one. You need to adjust your thoughts and fingers accordingly. It's a great phone, but, at times like this kind of adjustment, you actually think it is rather painful. It's just so similar like new bf. New bf, have new attitude, new behavior that you need to get used to. Perhaps new preference on food too. Say you like spicy, but he can't eat spicy food. Now, that's very painful. Or he like chou-tofu, but you don't like, that is so killing. So, you need to adapt to each other. Sometimes that is painful too.

So, no matter how great is the phone, you need time to adjust to its functions. No matter how good is a new bf, you need time to get used to his behavior too.

And at times when you are so stressed out getting used to the new phone, you actually thinking, "my old phone is not that bad also.. I can live with it actually". ... macam "my ex is not that bad either, I shouldn't have complaint so much about him. At least he eat spicy food, and not the blardy chou-tofu."

Hahaha... this is my thought this morning, when I was bang-sai-ing my yesterday shit.

p/s: but there are also at times, u playing with the new phone, and suddenly discovered new functions, and you slap your tigh and said "blardy shit! this is cool! and my old phone doesn't have this!".

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

one more SONY ERICSSON fanssssssssss,,, haha,, i love it....
mine better SE610 i.

Lucky Lazy Lynn said...

One important point - many can live without boyfriend for as long as you want; most can't live without their mobile for even a day.

Elizebeth D.L. said...

HAhahahhaa... lynn, good point!!:p

day without handphone, is just like without soul - everything also tak jadi.

Purple~MushRooM said...

Eh.. show me la. I also need a new love. I want to ditch my current one liao. Hahahaha.

Shopaholicfern said...

eh, i agree...although i got my new phone about 2 months ago, but then until today, i still think my old phone is better in certain ways...so not all news are better than olds :-)
both my new and old phone also Samsung phone, but then new phone got touch screen, which i can't get used to..a bit cacat the touch screen...or maybe i'm too old to adapt to new things liao...hahaha..si beh...