Thursday, July 27, 2006

Guess where have I been over the weekend?


It is a place called 象山 at 宁波。6 torturing hours on the bus (toilets at the rest area along highway is without word can describe). This is the worst trip I had ever been in China. It is Jay's company trip. I don't understand why his staff looked so happy and played so happily on this lousy beach, very dirty.


Can you see all the cigarrette butts on the beach? This beach is more dirty than Port Dickson. My goodness.


and this uncle, still very enjoying mudding himself all over this dirty sand. I totally cannot understand, with all my intelligent cells in my head. I cannot understand why these people don't find it dirty??


this umbrella thing, if you want to sit under it, you need to pay RMB 20 for an hour, and RMB 100 deposit. When we asked, how are we gonna get back the deposit, he said, "I am always walking around this beach, you find me lah!" But the truth is, the beach is quite over-crowded ok!! everyone looked the same. So, it is VERY possible that the RMB100 deposit it not "refundable". When we asked, why does he need the deposit since the table and chairs also not appealing to be stolen, he said, "就是这样的呀!" very rude, just like other cipet cheena ah pek, we were not very surprise at this level of attitude though. I murmured "fuck him honey, don't pay, we just walk around". my honey agreed too.


I seriously don't understand why this lady is wearing high heel shoes on a beach.

OK, enough complain about the beach, let's show you some small happiness I found on the beach.


"motor bike" with my honey:) RMB35 per ride for 2 rounds only. (this lousy city is really great at sucking money)


Oh one more silly found out, this stupid dragon boat, cost RMB20 for a ride. Stupid right? The music that it made also very stupid. Just money sucker.

The next day, under the hot sun and very stuffy weather, we visited the old town in that city. It is called 石浦, last time it was a fishing village. Tell u, food there sucks, want to cut throat only (money sucking again), scenery not very special also, and people there are very very rude.


But still, I had some good time with my honey. If it is not because of him, I think I ride a taxi back to shanghai the night before liao.


Last time, because of the 男女授受不亲的 concept, 女人是这样买药的。Interesting..

I just find that it is really not enjoying to visit any small town in China anymore. No more 朴素 feeling, no more 友善 feeling, all they have is money face, with dollar sign on their eyes!!! I think except 黄山,九寨沟,青藏, I will not visit any other city in china with local tour anymore. I even have the thought to fly back to malaysia to join a malaysian tour, to fly back here again to visit these 3 places,it is that bad ok!

Sigh.

I hate this place.

17 comments:

angela said...

yup, i'd go roll on PD anytime over any patch of sand they call beach over there ok!
u will be feeling as patriotic as me when u come back.
i actually am going to celebrate Merdeka this year whole-heartedly!
(instead of the usual go-drinking-becos-next-day-no-need-to-werk)
* i might even learn how to sing our national anthem soon *
(sorrie until now dunno how to sing...)

Anonymous said...

What can I say, that beach is a totally wrong choice. Whoever organized it should get the consequences.

Elizebeth D.L. said...

June -- HAHAHA:) That's a good one.

Angela-- funny lah u... suddenly so 爱国?haha...

to dear 'anonymous' -- would appreciate if you can disclose yourself next time, should you choose to make any sarcastic comment. Appreciate that!

Unknown said...

damn funny babes.. seriously..

I am meeting with John Karam here for lunch... hahaha..

angela said...

uh...who is john karam?
* i am queen of ignorance *

Elizebeth D.L. said...

john karam, I thought in KL now??

I cannot understand why u want to waste your holiday time to meet your "colleague", which you meet daily or occasionally in office already....

HMMM... Kai xin, you surprised me.

nicknooo said...

Em...the whole trip are "SUCKS" rite !

舞者 said...

Deisy, I was the anonymous. Did it on purpose in order not to give the impression that I spend too much time following your blog. That's why that your neocounter isn't working anymore is a good news :D

Interesting you should think that comment is sarcastic. Can you analyze it for me please? Maybe I should stick to Singlish next time, hor?

Elizebeth D.L. said...

old law, coz the trip idea was from Jay. hehehe... I'm a bit protective. sorry.. sorry.

But who will know that this 象山looks so nice on catalogue and brochure, but in fact is so dirty? Sigh... he just wanted to bring his staff out to have some good time. At the end, pisses his wife off only... the wife kept complaining abt hotel, food, and site-seeing sight..:P

舞者 said...

I'm terribly sorry Deisy, didn't read carefully enough to know that Jay was the organizer :)

Unknown said...

ei? meet up with john Karam to catch up with things.. hahaha.. I don't see him everyday.. and btw, Vi's friend's sister is working for an digital printing company over here.. want to get some contact lah....

Hungry!! .. Going to eat Subway (again) been eating subway for the 4th day liow... Oh mY mY

Anonymous said...

Deisy, you should be grateful to have such good husband too bring along his wife on his company trip, and have the opportunity to travel in China, though it is not a quite good visiting site, but on the other hand, you will open your eyes and experience more. That is the thing I Duji you very much.:)

Anonymous said...

somebody told me that the negative force here is getting stronger. Be calm and be cool, man!

vincentwoo said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
vincentwoo said...

hi Deisy....

Both my wife and me enjoy reading your blog. So much fun..:)
Maybe you should write articles for magazine and stuff..I think everyone will laugh like crazy.

i think they saying "grass is always greener on the other side of the fence" is not applicable here.

It seem that you really hate the place u are staying at....Which I fully understand why.

So when are u planning to leave?

Anyway, PD sucks too, (although not to the extend of the beach u describe.)

Should visit me lar.. bring u to Bondi, Watson Bay ...etc.

My Blog from the Past said...

so when are back in KL... give me a call or call cheow seng if you still remember his number..

Elizebeth D.L. said...

shit wei aun, was at KL last 2 weeks but I forgot to call you!!

I am back~~~~ :)