Friday, February 17, 2012

Crooked story - by my favorite author!

Reading Richard Paul Evans books is really compromising my sleep quality... his books are the type, once you started the first page, it is difficult to put down.

I have finished 6-7 of his books now (I can't remember exactly), but the best he has written is "Christmas List" (I blogged before in 2010), "The Walk", and "Miles to Go". The Walk and Miles to Go are especially good. I am waiting for the next one to come out.

I don't quite like The Christmas Box where everyone says it is the best. I think the hype has been driven up too high and when I finished reading it, I only find it so-so, and thus extremely disappointed. And then last night I finished "Promise Me", I can only give 2.5 out of 5 stars, not the usual 4.5 stars that I will give to his books. "Promise Me" has a very crooked perspective of relationship... it talks about a happy family of 3 set place in 1989, then the man cheated on the wife, and he died and thus the wife is very devastated and lose trust in men. But then this another men from 2008 (from the future, that's right) came back to 1989 to take care of her, and he is good looking and young and he is her daughter's husband in 2008. You will ask why he wants to do that? So crooked right? It is because his wife/her daughter is dying from cancer in 2008 and he made her a promise that he will take care of his mom. And then some how he was back in 1989 where he is still 10, but he came back as an adult.. so confusing. And cut the grandma story short, THEY FELL IN LOVE!!!!! MOST CROOOKED THING I CAN IMAGINE!!!! Imagine, your mom and your husband fell in love!!!!!

Arghhh... was quite angry at Richard (author) last night. How can he???? I wanted to vomit. Whenever anytime out of ordinary happened, I will feel like vomit. arghhh... he has nothing better to do ah??

Good thing is, the author make it clear that there's nothing intimate going between the mom (because he told her the story, and she felt sad, and jealous of her daughter too!) and that 2008 man. In fact, he saved her life financially and mentally, he was in her life for just 10 months. But because he travelled from future, so he knows every bet/gambling result and he helped her win money to pay off her house loan. This is a way he promised his wife to take care of his mom. Hmmmph... After he left her to go back to 2008, and after 2 years, she met anotehr special guy and married to this other man.

She has to wait 18 years to finally reached that 2008 moment where her daughter's husband and her daughter come for Christmas Eve dinner with her and her husband. And the guy remember her! (because he just came back from1989 mah... aiyoh). And while they are alone, they hug each other tight tight to tell each other they missed each other. I wanted to vomit again at that point. ARRGHHH!!!! >_<

Crooked story that steal my sleep quality.... I am so sleepy now... and still feeling a bit angry. @#$%!

2 comments:

mun said...

Hahahaha, I can see why you call the story crooked! :)

mom said...

梦幻?科幻?能经历前生后世的迷惑,幸也?惑也?