Monday, April 23, 2012

Update

Update update, my admission application is accepted. 8 courses are exempted because of the degree and MBA courses I took before. Still, there's a 14 left to accomplish. Each semester is about 3 months, and then exam. I can foresee it is quite tough. I took MBA while I was working in KL last time, I can still remember the bitter taste: while everyone was celebrating public holiday, spending quality time with loved ones/family at weekend, I can only immersed myself into books and assignments and prepared myself for the exam. I also need to attend classes after work and weekends. It was not that fun. BUT one thing good is, I get to know some good friends at the class. We still occasionally communicate with each other. Well, actually, left just one in communication. haha... anyway... friendship sometimes does not count by communication (my theory lah). Some friends you know you can count on them when you needed help, regardless the frequency of your communication.

Course starts in June. Exam in August. I think I will start slow, just take one course at a time. I timed myself already, at this pace, I need 3-4 years to get my title, not forgetting I have to get into relevant job function for at least 3 years to get the title. But I can't take two courses given the short timeline, can die ok? I found the course blueprint, and they are not easy. Sigh... And then June-Aug is summer, I don't want to hike and do reading at the same time. NO FUN! haha... Sigh.... First course is the dry dry Busienss Law. Well, need to learn to crawl before walking stage right?

I need encouragement... OK, I call bui now.

5 comments:

mom said...

想象自己是一头劳累饥渴不堪的骆驼,在沙尘仆仆中蹒跚前进.... ,但是.不远处一汪甘泉经已在望!加油!!

Jennifer said...

Don't worry, I'm sure you can do it. At least, it's just exam. If you have to write dissertation like I did, life is even more hectic. All the best to you!

mun said...

Great news! Good that 8 courses are exempted. I agree with you to take only 1 course at a time. Do enjoy being a part time student again.

I believe you will be able to do it! Go, go, go!

Elizebeth D.L. said...

Thanks for the encouragement:))

I am busy checking the alternative - attending classes (evening) at university to transfer the credit later on. Some (if not all) of the accounting courses, I don't think I can achieve good results without attending classes... and attending classes normally mean you will learn experiences from the lecturer... but that also means the ugly assignment and class participation is marked. Yucks.

mun said...

You're welcome! :) Attending classes in the evening may be tiring but if you think it benefits you then by all means do it. All the best!