Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Alaskan King Crab

Suddenly thought of the Alaskan King Crab we had over the weekend. The crab was huge!!!!!! over 10 lbs. And they are very very very very delicious!!! Dunno how to tell you, you know we malaysian really like our butter crab, those type? This is totally a different level. Of course, the price is also not cheap. That crab alone costs us nearly $300 before tax. There are 8 of us. With other dishes, each of us paid about $50. This is considered very pricey in Canada. Normally a meal should not cost you more than $20/head. But all of us very happy with the crab. hehehe... Money well spent.

The photo I took is in my camera. But I will show you a photo I saw on google. Just to show you the size of it. Sorry to the two gentlemen in the picture.. haha.. I just want to showcase the proportionate size of a king crab vs us human.

I heard this year we export king crab out to China and it costs them RMB1000/lb if eat at restaurant. I don't know how true it is.

My ah bui is not a crab person, he also very like to eat the king crab:) It is almost end of the season by now. I think the restaurant we went to eat has 10 left. After that, should be no more. That's it! For such high price, once a year is also enough lah. haha...

Yum Yum:)

3 comments:

mom said...

吃得是福!让妈妈想起了和你在上海吃的大闸蟹,虽小件却也美味无穷!

Elizebeth D.L. said...

我也很想念大闸蟹,世上美味食物真是比比皆是。没有来加国之前,以为大闸蟹就是第一名了。怎么知道还有个皇帝蟹!! Oh my my... haha...

他的大只领我联想起Alien 和人类大战. 当然,人类赢了,为了报仇,人类把他们抓个清光,清蒸吃了!还来个“3吃”,第一吃:蒜蓉清蒸他们的脚(very yummy),第二吃:..很难形容,基本上就是除了他的8只脚,第三吃:其余部分拿来炒饭,然后用它的身子装上,好看又好吃:)hahaha...

我流口水了。。。

mun said...

Must be very, very delicious. Here it is also very expensive to eat this Alaskan King Crab.