Thursday, March 15, 2012

Skytrain is like a box of chocolate too, you never know who will sit around you..

People say, life is like a box of chocolate, you never know what you going to get.

I say, taking skytrain is like a box of chocolate too, you never know who will sit around you. It is sometimes amusing, but most of the time annoying.

I don't know if I have a magnet or what, I always end up sitting near or around "unusual" people.

My work is at downtown, 2 stops before the terminal station. After working hour, it is a peak period, and to get comfy and be able to read decently, I will take that extra 2 stops to terminal station, and then I can choose the seat going home.

Most seats at skytrain are two-seaters. If you lucky, you get the lone-seater and nobody can kacau you, well, except if you get irritating people who stands near you. Believe me, it is no fun to sit at lone-seater at rainy days, the people standing with dripping umbrella is the worst! And some idiot, will just let their umbrella to drip right at your pants. @#$%!

Anyway, I normally get the two-seater, coz I hate being ka-ka cau-cau by standers who stand too near to the seats (lone-seater). Normally at the 1st stop, nobody will seat at the second two-seater. But afterwards, you get people filling in. That's where the interesting part comes!

I think I have magnet. I always get "unusual" seater sit next to me!!

- Yesterday, this stupid man sit next to me, he keep texting on his phone, and his text msg has this annoying loud alert when there's message coming in, and while he texting his messages, he laugh by himself, and his legs keep shaking!!!!! MEN!!!! Can I tell you that if you shake your leg at common area, for instance, like in cinema, bus, skytrain, plane, you will disturb the person whose chair shares some mechanical substance with your chair?!!! Oh Gosh, I have to stop myself from turning to him to YELL at him "QUIT SHAKING YOUR LEG!!!!". So irritating.

- 2 days ago, well this is not from the terminal stop, this is from the stop I aboard going to work from my house. Anyway, in the morning, there's seldom an empty two-seater spots (meaning both spots are empty leh). But that day, I thought I was lucky, I sat at this empty two-seater. But wtihin 5 seconds, I noticed a smell... it is those kind of smell if you go camping, you cannot wash your hair for 2-3 days... but, multiply it by 10. I think the guy in front of me did not wash his hair for 1 month. His hair is "wet".. "waxy"... "and got white spot". I don't know the white spot is dandruff or egg of something... But he is damn smelly!!!!!!! His friend sitting next to him is very clean though. They are both in their 22-23 age. Arghh.. I immediately move to the next seat. But I can still smell him!! The smell is like a curse... and then after work, I took skytrain back, and I got a feeling I sit at his same spot, the spot he sat at in the morning. Because on and off, I can still smell him!!!!! So disgusting!!!! Yucks!!!!

- One day of last month, there is this Vietnamese guy, young, I think 19-20, he was standing (so was I, in the morning, sometimes if I tersilap the hour and went out before peak hour ended, I have to stand for whole journey). I was holding onto the vertical rail. He came in 2 stops after me, and he standnig beside me. Holding the same rail. But his hand kept sliding down and touched me!!!!! Wah... this baga!!!!! I wanted to "excuse me, your hand", but before I can do that, I noticed he has something wrong. He kept shaking his body.... and then suddenly, he sing, in vietnamese language!!! LOUD. After he sang, he laughed. wah..... so scary lah... I quietly moved away from him. But luckily he got out after 3 stops.

- Also happened last month, also a crazy guy. I think he is homeless. At terminal station, we both get on the train. He sat behind me, I sat in front. And he suddenly threw newspaper at the guy sitting diagonolly of him. And then that guy speak in loud tone (but cannot figure what he speaks), and laugh at himself. I quickly moved to another seat. I cannot tahan another crazy man in the sky train. Not when I have to travel from terminal station to my place, that's 10 stops ok... the whole journey, he just keep talking loudly and keep laughing. And keep repeating the same sentence again and again. I think he really is chi xin.

Sigh... so many examples lah.... I should write a journal - My daily encouters at skytrain. 每日一则. Ha~~~~~

4 comments:

mom said...

你车上见闻真很有趣,天天不同。看来日子过得一点不刻板?那越南人算是变态佬吗?以前在台北,妈妈就碰上不少,手法且高超恶心!在阿拉斯加公车上,由于冬日寒冷,一些人们体臭更是扑鼻难受,听说很多汉子整个冬天不轻易洗澡呢!

mun said...

Yes, please write all these interesting encounters in your blog for us to read, ok? :)

limpeh said...

wahh...cannot imagine le..how come got so many funny people one in the train..some more in Canada, i thought people are more civilised, clean and educated..hahaha..interesting

ah mi said...

hahahaha, i cant stop laughing on your blog :) the way you described, is more interesting than the real situation. :P