Tuesday, November 13, 2007

I am a text person

I realized I am a text person.

I love to use text to communicate with people. Email and SMS are my favorites.

My assistant is seating one cubicle in front of me, but I prefer use email to talk to her.

Reason? I hate to raise my voice and talk. I find it rude to raise my voice for a conversation.

Then, I realized most people are not a text person.

I have a good friend, his sms, is always less than 3 words. Either is "OK", "Call me!" or "Call me again!" Always short and crisp.

Then I have another friend, she doesn't like to reply email. Got update or no update, also no reply email one. So you won't know if she has helped you done that thing or not? And then because gun-cheong about the status, u have to call her. And worst, out of 5 calls, 3 calls go into voice mail one. And make u look like a physcho like trying to hunt her down. Why? Because u just want to find out what's the status of the matter only, only if she can just reply an email informing u of the status leh.

Then I have some other friend, you sms her asked her 3 questions, she will answer "OK." Don't know she OK with which questions?

I even have friend who refused to give me his handphone number, coz he said, SMS cost money. Better just email. :

Luckily bui bui, my sister, my mom have trained by me successfully to become a text person. If not, I will go crazy... Oh, my dad and my brother are not text person. They belongs to the group "reply short short" or "no reply".

Friends ah friends... can type more than 3 words on SMS next time or not? Nowadays mobile phone so convenient, I really think SMS can achieve more things efficiently, especially connection between overseas. Email need to check only popped out, but SMS, once received will beep beep you. So good. Why no use?

p/s: luckily my good fren here purple mushroom also a heavy text person. Hahaha... Sometimes in the weekend, we can "beep beep" here and "beep beep" there half afternoon, until hubby questioned me "why don't u two just picked up the phone and talk??". Hehehe...

6 comments:

zewt said...

i am also a sms person... but jules is not... and is often annoyed with me for just txt-ing her and not calling...

Anonymous said...

not sure is true or not.. ppl who loves to sms, will less call... call more, less sms. so it just depend which type u prefer :)
normally guys who love sms, is more 情趣。可是阿姐你少提另一类人。
有些人会sms,可是回复你的时候很可能是12个小时过后,我也有这一类型的朋友。。 所以。。 这一类型的sms还不算是最经济最快的。有时候等到发火,等到他们sms你的时候,哪一种心情早已经不在了。

Eileen said...

For me it depends. I like to sms with ppl I am not comfortable to talk to with YET. Texting is good for "evidence" purposes and to be careful with your words and deliver better messages. But sometimes I wish to hear the person's voice or when I want straight to the point direction.

Do you know how ignoring it is to send 20 msgs for a direction? That would be much easier to call right?

Elizebeth D.L. said...

hahaha... 20 sms for a direction is too much lah. For things u want to know right away and cannot wait, call is still the best.

ah mi, wait so many hours only reply sms, this kind of people, I seldom text them also. What for? Might as well write a letter to them instead leh. kekekeek.

Zewt - non-sms person, can be trained to be sms person one. Just need to be patient a bit. I did that with my hubby. Now, he one sms can be long. Last time, his sms also just 2-3 words. Then, "earthquake" happened of course and he learnt. Hahaha..

Shopaholicfern said...

i'm an sms person. i sms everyone and everything..i just feel lazy to call and talk...bf also same...he only sms me. seldom call...

Purple~MushRooM said...

My hubby also sms person. Think of it.. so silly la. We only sms each other. Haha.But sometimes we have time to waste, sms is good. Unless its urgent.. sms lor.. Haha.