Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Citibank China - sucks!


Ladies & Gentleman, I have something to "complaint" today!

I, as a "marketing" supporting consumer, saw a new add pasted on our lift door yesterday, about Schroders Unit Trust under Citicorp group. So, I support them by visiting their website to find out more.

Website does not say much about this trust (which is a big failure!), and then, I clicked on "contact us", filling up a not-user-friendly request form (the form cannot accept "?", so my question to them sounds like a statement instead of a question coz without the permission to put "?" on my text box), sent to them. My question was "can a foreigner working in China buy Schroder's unit trust".

They replied my question through email timely, which is very good. A person name D**o, wrote to me:

Dear Customer,

First of all we would like to thank you for browsing Citibank website and submitting your requests to us!

Regard that the product don't provide for the foreigers purchasing.

Should you have any further inquiries or concerns or suggestions, please feel free to contact us via Email or our 24-hour toll-free hotline 800-830-1880(* Or please dial 86-20-38801267 directly). We are glad to be of service to you.

Thank you and best regards,

D**o T***
Citibank (China) Co., Ltd. Shanghai Branch Customer Service Center

After I received this reply, I was so furious, this D**o, is so typical chinese!!!!! "Regard that the product don't provide for the foreigers purchasing." That's it??? THat's it u can reply? Can't you elaborate more, e.g. what other type of unit trust foreigners can buy? Or, perhaps you should just reply "none of the unit trust offered by Citicorp is available to foreigners to China due to local financial policy". I am a rational consumer, I can accept that if he reply the later statement. Not just "Regard that the product don't provide for the foreigers purchasing." This is so NOT HELPFUL!

I am seriously thinkinig about calling their toll free number and scold kao them!
Waste my time browsing their website.

Citibank, I thought you are international financial institution. Guess you are sitll not to that standard yet!!!

5 comments:

Eileen said...

It seems like everything in China are hard to access or do right? Maybe is the China government...

Purple~MushRooM said...

Hahaha.... it's still china gal. Thats why it's called Citibank CHINA!!!!

Anonymous said...

They simply answer the question asked. I feel sorry for poor D**t.

Elizebeth D.L. said...

anonymous,

I worked for bank before. A good employee always should try to cross sell other products. Not just answer what a customer asked.

I so sorry citibank has D**o as employee.

zewt said...

looks like everything in china sucks eh... well... nothing compared to your assistant la. hahahahaha....