Friday, October 12, 2007

Beautiful British Columbia


This is where we can see from our apartment's window - busy downtown streets.


White Rock - Beautiful houses, a nice place to retire.



Crescent Beach


Lion Gate Bridge - connect North Vancouver and West Vancouver



Stanley Park on a gloomy day - we saw a wild life sea lion swiming. It even turned its head to look at me after I screamed "Sea Lion!!!!!!". I guess he was a bit pissed I scared the hell out of him too. Hahaha.






Lynn Canyon - The suspension bridge made me nausea. I really scared of height.

In Vancouver, even a spider web can make me smile:)


Stanley Park on a bright sunny day!

My campus - University of British Columbia. So nice to walk on campus again.

Grouse Mountain - we hiked up the mountain for 2 hours, it was a great challenge as the steps were steep. But the view at the top of the mountain was magnificent. Those were my friends in Vancouver, all are malaysian except Yeng's bf, Steve:)

I have waited for the trip for the past 8 years. I was almost in tears when I looked down from the plane upon landing at the airport, the view is so familiar, as if I have never left the place. As if I am meeting my old friend again. It was such a touching moment.

It was the first trip to Vancouver for Jay. And he is more excited than me :-) Out of 9 days, we only have 2.5 sunny days. Yah, vancouver is a city always in rainy day one... But, this makes us treasure the sunny day more than usual.

We'd been to: Downtown area Robson/Granville/Burrard ST. (of course, we were staying in downtown); Stanley Park, White Rock, Lynn Canyon, Grouse mountain, Granville Island, Metrotown and also back to my university UBC. Managed to meet most of my friends who are still in Vancouver. They were all doing good there. So good to see old friends:)

5 comments:

Purple~MushRooM said...

Wah lau eh... Vancouver is so beautiful!!! I should have went there with you instead of going to Europe. Ok.. I will plan for Vancouver trip.

Unknown said...

Very breathtaking the scenery. You really have a good holiday yah.

Eileen said...

Wah... really seems to be a place to migrate... Haha, maybe after a few years I will consider. I still nomad-ing :P

Wait till you moved there and got free lodging. Hehehe

Elizebeth D.L. said...

yah, it is really breath-taking, the scene. I love it. Imagine, even a spider web can make me feel happy there.. ^_&

purple mushroom, see see see? told you already... kekeke... well, we can go there again in future!

Anonymous said...

Such a wonderful place. Is an ideal city to migrate, haha!