Thursday, August 25, 2011

"Why my Third Husband Will be a Dog"

Why My Third Husband Will Be A Dog: The Amazing Adventures of an Ordinary Woman
I was strolling aimlessly with bui at Chapters few weeks ago, and saw this book. Chapters is a book store that is located just within 200m from my house. In fact, the biggest mall in this city is located within 200m from our house.  hahaha... love it.

Anyway, there are many short entries in this book, and they are so hilariously funny. First of all, who will think of such a title for a book??? and it was on sale, original price was 24.90, on sale for only 6.99. So damn cheap. So I bought.

Turns out there is no single entry about the title!!!! phff... what the... but then, the author Lisa Scottoline is so funny, she described her 1st ex husband as Thing One, and 2nd ex husband as Thing Two. Hahahahhaa... Who will call their husband as "Thing"? I love her writing style:) I finished reading already loh... feel so sad, the fun is over:(

Besides the humourous side, she does have the sentimental part... talk about how as a mom, you feel happy that your child grew up, graduated, and left the city, and yet you feel so sad that they are slowing leaving you from the first second they were born. I am not a mother (yet, haha), but I can sort of relate this feeling from the way my parents expressed their love. Parental love is the most unselfish love on the earth. Yes!

OK... if it gets sold in KL, try to find this book to read. Very very funny, and yet warm. Have I told you she has 3 dogs (or 4??), 2 cats, and some chickens as pet... Yes, you heard me right, chicken.... the way she described her chicken is also damn funny....

I just hope she writes about the title "why my third husband will be a dog". This remains a mystery!

1 comment:

mun said...

Will keep a lookout for this book!