Wednesday, May 04, 2011

Missing one, from the four

This morning, I was still half sleeping and half awake, and I was trying to put back some of the dried plates and cups back to the cupboard, and then suddenly, "piang", I "retired" one of my favorite plate in the kitchen. The plate splattered into hundred pieces...

落地开花!

That set of plates, is really my favorite. I bought them when I was still attending university here, I think that was in 1995 when I bought it. And then, after I graduated, I packed them nicely and bring them home with me to KL, in the luggage. And when Jay and I relocated to Shanghai, I, again, packed them nicely and brought them to shanghai, in the luggage again. And now, we are in Vancouver, I packed them and shipped them over here all the way from Shanghai. It has been with me for the past 16 years! The set has 4 big plates, 4 small plates, 4 bowls, 1 big bowl, and they are in white! They are from Cornelle. I love it because it is light, white, easy to clean, and is very user friendly. Just love it.

Now, I destroyed one of the small plate, the set is incomplete liao :( I feel bad....

Lesson learnt: Never, ever try to re-organize your plates back to the cupboard when you are still half asleep and wearing the bulky nightwear (in winter mah)! The plate was dragged to the floor because of my bulky nightwear lah. Silly me..... :(

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Don't be sad la. Thing like this always happen. You must learn to let go of material obsession. Hehe! But lucky you didn't injure yourself during your half asleep state. Thank God!

mun said...

You must really love the set of plates to bring them with you to so many countries. Just treasure the remaining ones and keep the broken one in your memory forever. :)