Friday, May 27, 2011

Happy Anniversary



Exactly one year ago, we came to this land.

It was so amazing to realize time really pass by so quickly, wait for no one.

During this one year, we made lots of decisions together, we laughed a lot, sometimes cry a bit (mostly because I watch sad movies, or read some touching novels), talked about future a lot, and supported each other always. We also made some wonderful trips together with some friends, to Okanagan Valley, and to San Francisco. Some people love to go for trips just with each other, but to me, I prefer go with a group of friends. The trip is always much more memorable with a group of friends, because my friends are so funny! hahaha....

We celebrated the one year anniversary with a red wine Shiraz (from Okanagan), and a piece of Tiramisu. The shiraz is really good. I always don't like shiraz but Jay loves it. I find that it has a dry taste. I prefer merlot or ice wine. But this shiraz is surprisingly smooth, and really smells good. We started at 9pm, and finished by 12. Actually, by 10am, I a bit gone. I am easily drunk with alcohol. There's one time at Shanghai, we whole group of friends go to a nice little restaurant/bar to have some drinks after dinner. We called some white wine and red wine. And then I happily drinking... and suddenly, I feel I needed to vomit. I told Jay I wanted to go to washroom (i a bit dizzy at then) but he didn't know waht I really meant is, I wanted him to carry me to washroom. hahaha... the washroom is just like 100 ft away, but I went blank and collapsed half way. Jay carry me back to our table, placed me on the sofa, and gun cheongly ask me, "oi oi, u ok?????" it was very very funny. hahahaa... but very strange loh, after I lie down for 5 minutes, i am back to conscious and I don't feel nausea or the need to go washroom. I sat up again and chat with friends. ahhaa.. of course, no more wine for me that night.

Anyway, back to last night, after the red wine, we had a good night sleep. Don't know why leh? It seems to relax us and gives us a good night sleep til morning.

We must plan another trip to Okanagan. This time, we have gotta buy wine in boxes!!! hahaha... it is cheaper over there and have so many selections!!!! Most of the shop, if you buy the wine, you don't have to pay for tasting. So, practically free tasting, i f not, just for small fee like 2-5 bucks per person. Last time we did that, after 3 shops, we were a bit "gone"... of course lah, each shop taste like 3-4 different wines... so the trip should last for 3-4 days if you really like wine. I think they are easily 50 winery at okanagan, or I could be wrong, it could be more! hmmm...

Happy Anniversary!!!!!:)

6 comments:

mun said...

Happy 1st Anniversary of living in Vancouver to you and your spouse! It is a very nice place to live in. I especially like to visit Granville Island.

Elizebeth D.L. said...

You come lah, I bring u there!:)

Jennifer said...

Happy Anniversary, my dear. May you have many more to come...

mun said...

Hi Elizebeth, if I go and visit my aunty in Vancouver again, I will let you know and we can meet up, ya!?

Elizebeth D.L. said...

Mun, Yes!!! Let me know wor... wah... excited to meet my blog-friend in real life!:)

mun said...

..but if I don't get to go to Vancouver, we can also meet up if you come back to KL to visit your family (that is if you can spare the time).