Sunday, March 22, 2009

A Barbie Day

Yesterday, was Keng Fei's birthday. And next week is Gan's birthday, so we celebrated both birthday yesterday, at 滴水洞. The dishes are OK, just that the fried froggie leg is a bit disappointed. Other than that, food is fine.
Can you see how happy are both Birthday Boys? haha:
After that, we went to House of Barbie, it's one of the thing everyone has been talking alot lately. 1st Barbie flagship store in Asia, and I think in the world, because in U.S. also do not have House of Barbie, they only have American Girls. Anyway, along the way walking to the store, we find that it's really quite a walk from the main subway, so, they expect everyone go to that store have cars is it?

200 meters before we reach the HOB, we find many small girls, their hands have the pinky stylish Barbie paperbag (means they just finished shopping lah). And, their face is full of happiness. One of the girl, she even have her new doll on her hand. Yup, out of packaging. And the Barbie's hair is a bit messy already.

After we reach there, it's quite a "wow"... especially for the guys, they swear they are not going to bring their children here next time. It's a building full of materialistic stuff! Dolls, Clothes, and Jewelry.... Look:
This is selling at RMB280,000... that's like buying an Altis Car in Malaysia (I think..). Anyway, it's very expensive!
And this is selling at RMB15,800. Slightly more affordable than the above. But still.... man... sometimes I think I am very sua-ku... maybe many girls are wearing such expensive jewelry daily in Shanghai just that I am not aware, or I don't know only.

I don't know what to say about this store. It's very stylish, trendy (got Spa, got T-stage for catwalk, got Barbie cafeteria, got Barbie cosmetic section), pinkish. Definitely something that girls dream of. But, is it wise to show our little girls the world is full of expensive jewelry, that you can do spa at age of 6, and you can be a fashion designer just with some click click on the computer, and you can cat-walk with some fashionable clothes, all at age of 5 or 6... is it wise? I don't know... I guess I have to save my piece of comment til when I have a daughter next time...

p/s: Jay and Gan are complaining, "where are the washroom for guys??" hahaha... Hey, I have found out after asking my colleagues today, there are at 5th floor:)

No comments: