Monday, March 16, 2009

100% Housewife

Yesterday, I have to rush home around 2pm, to wait for the courier boy to pick up the wooden tong (it has leakage, I am sending back to the seller to exchange... arghhh... china made product, memang tak boleh diharapkan sometimes). Because they said cannot tell by which time will arrive, I have to be there. (takkan bring the wooden tong come office right?)

I have told my manager I will be working from home in the afternoon. I appreciate the freedom she gave me, so, I also don't want to destroy the trust she has on me, so even though I missing few hours she normally won't notice as she is in HK, I prefer to be honest to her. And she is very understanding, she just approve all of the time (so far lah).

Gao dim the courier around 3.30pm, I sat down doing some emails and some work at home, turning on the TV. Realized nothing good is on show, I turned on the Spain music, enjoying sunshine coming from balcony, I decided it's a good time to wash my quilt cover. So went to remove the quilt cover and throw it into washing machine, and hanged it dry after it has finished.

Sat down replying some emails, do some work, then realized my house is out of fruits. So, I put on my jacket, walked to carrefour (which is just next to my house), bought not only fruits, also bought pork, vege, frozen bao (just in case we hungry sometimes at night), toothbrush, etc. Went home, saw got garlic, so I cook bakuteh. But before that, I already defrost the chicken wing, so, the dinner will have bakuteh and also steamed chicken wing with mushroom, and vege. haha...

Gao dim everything, sat down, replying some emails, settling some stuff that is dued, voila, it's 6.30pm already! I go check on my bakuteh, almost done but I decided to let it cook longer for stronger taste. Then I cut mushroom to be steamed with the chicken wing.

After I got a taste of what's it like to be 100% housewife, I feel like I really want to quit job. No worry (just have to prepare meal, do laundry, buy fruits, etc), and so much freedom. I asked Jay when he come home later at night, "do you like today's meal? 2 meat, 1 vege + soup?" Jay answered "Yes, feel so hung fook lah", then I asked him, "then shall I quit my job and be your 100% housewife?" Jay replied, "today is only half a day u doing this, what if it is really 24 hour? you will feel bored and keep bugging me on phone one. I disapprove!"... so sad... why? Is it so obvious I always get bored at something within short period of time?

But I must say, the freedom that I have yesterday afternoon, is really some kind of getaway from the corporate world. Itu niasinggai corporate world... sometimes I just hate to get my hands dirty!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

To keep boredom away, there are many things that can be done. Just think of your hobbies or something that you've always wanted to do but couldn't find the time to do it due to work. I know of some full time homemakers with no children, they do many things to keep themselves occupied like reading books, surfing the internet, writing journals, do charity work as volunteers, exercise, learning new skills to make things like clothes, cakes, new dishes and etc. I am sure you can find things to do to keep yourself from being bored as you seem to be a creative person from your blog entries. Most people refrained from not working due to needing the income and not due to fear of boredom.

Elizebeth D.L. said...

I do read books, gym, surf internet, blogging, face-booking, etc... but, sometimes I still feel bored.

I need some spice I guess... but what you mentioned is correct also, we need to find hobbies (I really don't know what's my hobbies are... I don't have a specific very into thing... the only thing I like so far consistently is sleeping... so lame right?)

And.. I also need income from work. I don't like asking money from Jay. I don't like him interfering where or how I spent money. And I hope I don't have to do that in the future also, I want to be independent financially. (but of course, the golden rules stays same: His money is my money. But My money is MY MONEY. muahahaha...)