Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Number 88, is not always lucky..

Yesterday, I have unspeakable experience in the morning. I was at police station, getting a temporary residence permit paper because my working permit booklet has finished, need a new one, and my address was not the same as the one inside it because I moved 2 years ago. I got fined from the policeman, sorry, it's a police-woman, because I did not register my new residence address 2 years ago. Like that also can. Nia sing lah cheena!!!!!!!!!

The fine was 300 only, but I have to wait in line for so long, see the officer, make a 口录 (record in paper what I said), sign so many papers (I think about 10), each paper i need to sign, acknowledge that I understand chinese language with specifically writing "我懂中文” on each of the signed paper. Then, I have to walk about 10 minutes to another bank, line up for 50 minutes, paid the fine, and take the receipt, walk back 10 minutes to police station, and then line up again, AND THEN ONLY GET THAT STUPID PAPER!!!! When I get that paper, I treasure it so much I nearly crying, it's like getting my pay check after a one day of hard work like that. Niasing, tiu, KNNCCB!!!

So, I dragged my tired body to office. It's such a torture.

At close to 3pm, I felt so dizzy, I thought because of the tortured I had in the morning, I thought I was sick, again. So, I sweared inside my heart KNNCCB not sick again!!!!! Then, my colleague suddenly exclaimed, "did u feel it?? did you feel it???? is it earthquake?????!!!" Then we all said we are felt it, and we all thought we were sick. Hahaha... within 30 seconds or so, all colleagues in front (our cubicle was at the back) were gone. They were gone, so fast!!! I grab my bag, my handphone, and run to the lift too. Yah, I am so stupid, I took the lift. Could be so dangerous. While taking the lift, I called my hubby who is at different floor. He just started walking down the stairs. So we met at ground floor.

When we reached ground floor, there were so many people already. The view was very spectacular. Soon, the police car was here, they block the whole place, and scolded us to ask us move away from building. Coz we all still blur blur, gather below the building. After living in China for too long, my mind become quite stupid at some circumstances. HA!!!


The picture was taken after we walk across the street. It was so crowded with people. And cars are honing, coz so many people on the road. We also saw a car that was parked on the road side, it was moving back and foreward slightly. That was scary... the ground is moving.

We got evacuated. Went home. Colleague said don't take subway, later die in subway if earthquake is here. So, we took taxi. Tiu, should have taken subway. Can listen to more bakua news in subway normally.

Went home turn on the news. Nothing. Waited. Reporter said no update because the phone line was down. But we were told the earthquake is from a place near sichuan, called wenchuan (汶川),I later googled, it was a place near 九寨沟!Wholly shit, that's the place I wanted to go visit in October. I hope it was not damaged.... please...

While I was flipping the channel, got some channel still showing a big deal about olympics 火炬传递, I cannot believe it. There's big casualty in sichuan and you guys still got the heart to discuss olympics???

Some channels are still showing love stories. There's only 1 channel out of 70 local channels that is broadcasting the news about earthquake, can you believe it?

Still no updates til 7pm, only know that 温家宝 got on to his private jet flying to wenchuan to direct the job of saving lifes. So we got fed up, we watched DVD movie and went to bed.


This morning only got update on TV. School and hospital collapsed in wenchuan. I don't dare to imagine the casualties. Sigh... Dear God... are you really not happy lately? Why such natural disaster??


Yesterday was the 88th-day countdown from Olympics. I guess the number of 88 is not always lucky huh?

No comments: